Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Y-Wing Fighter - TRU Exclusive

Re: Y-Wing (New Tooling) - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Soundwave
    Awe man.... this mean there's going to be another Astromech coming out ...... If there is , it better not be just White with a little Color trim...it better be something Nice , and an R5 or R7.... LOL
    Agreed. 2007's yellow and red R5 with Lepira's ship was a pleasant surprise. I hope we get something unique like that again this time - not a wasted opportunity like Wedge's droid is this year (a droid that is so similar to other releases).

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendStrone
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Soundwave
    Awe man.... this mean there's going to be another Astromech coming out ...... If there is , it better not be just White with a little Color trim...it better be something Nice , and an R5 or R7.... LOL
    Agreed. 2007's yellow and red R5 with Lepira's ship was a pleasant surprise. I hope we get something unique like that again this time - not a wasted opportunity like Wedge's droid is this year (a droid that is so similar to other releases).
    I hope so too. My astromech collection desperately needs more R5 units. I also hope they fix the landing gear. I hate how weak it is on the current models.

Quote Originally Posted by Okami
    I hope so too. My astromech collection desperately needs more R5 units. I also hope they fix the landing gear. I hate how weak it is on the current models.
    With todays standards its as likely to be even more weak than it is to be better but we'll see. Looks like I'm getting another Y-wing, bringing my number to 4.

Hmmmm. This actually could be pretty decent IF Hasbro does some good retooling - but that is a BIG IF and I don't hold much faith in Hasbro to do great things ---- BUT:

1. I think the cockpit COULD be re-done to hold 2 figures. It would be tight, but I would take that more movie acurate version over the single pilot. They could go cheap and just make the second pilot a 'head' in the back, which I would take.

2. They could do two things to the main body to give the ship a larger appearance. First, give it taller landing gear, even if it's removeable. I don't really need it to fold in and out. It's going to be sitting on a shelf 100% of the time anyway. Also, the rear vents could be made longer BUT ABSOLUTELY need to be sturdy.

3. They need to cut out that droid compartment so we can put whichever droid we want in there.

4. A ladder would be nice.

I really like this ship, maybe even more than the X-Wing. I would buy 2 of them if they did these mods.

I would definately pick a retooled Y-Wing up.

I too would go for taller removeable landing gear. At least to bring it to the height of the X-wing.

I honestly don't see how they could have improved on the TAC Y-Wing, besides making a slot big enough to fit an Astromech.

Why not update the tooling on the CW Y-Wing? Could that be what he was implying by "the existing tool"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinderspartan
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Knight
    PLEAS HASBRO! Make the first release OT based. No wild colors or anything. Keep it pure!
    Now you've opened up the floodgates for the comedians on this board to make jokes about all of the colors this could possibly be.
    Pink EU Post order 66 Ashoka version
    /Done in one.
    Dea wanna wanga

Have the tac version boxed on my shelf but if this one is really cool might get it.
    R.I.P. PETER MAYHEW

Quote Originally Posted by bkh0501
    Why not update the tooling on the CW Y-Wing? Could that be what he was implying by "the existing tool"?
    That ship's not even out yet... what could they update on it? OT Y-wing has much more that could be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY
    1. I think the cockpit COULD be re-done to hold 2 figures. It would be tight, but I would take that more movie acurate version over the single pilot. They could go cheap and just make the second pilot a 'head' in the back, which I would take.
    How is the 2-seater Y-wing more movie accurate? They weren't 2-seaters in the films. Snowspeeders had gunners in the back, not the Y-wings we saw.

Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast