Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: News and Rumor Central - Clone Wars Edition v.6

Re: News and Rumor Central - Clone Wars Edition v.6

They're not ignoring Chewbacca, and he probably didn't even have as much screen-time as some of the Trandoshans (definitely not compared to the Trandoshans as a whole!). Why WOULDN'T they make at least ONE Trandoshan hunter for Chewie to toss around??

Krayt's got a good point, too: what the hell was their focus before? Seems like the same excuse they gave when people asked for Satine and other one-off characters like Nahdar Vebb, which implies it's the same focus they had back in 08/09, and not 'new' at all.

I am just really confused on what they are "focusing" on. They wanted vehicles that appeared in many episodes yet we never got the Twilight. They want characters that reappear but no Satine. They don't want one and done figures but we got Embo, Serpias, Cato, El-Les, etc. I am not saying those figures shouldn't have been made, quite the opposite, those are some great figures. I would just like clarity as to what we can expect from the new "focus". Does this mean moving forward we are only gettin Anakin, Obi, Ahsoka, Rex, Yoda and battle droids? I know they want the figures to be widely known but seriously some of the best figures they have made in the line are the characters that have one episode. Embo and Cato in my mind are two of the best figures they have produced. I am not a huge Clone Wars figures collector and basically getting these characters that don't hit the realistic version, so if they stop making the obscure figures then I might not collect anything from this line.

Exactly, the figures that are selling through are the one and done characters. I can walk in to any store and pick up a new Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Clone... etc. Elles? NO. Boba? Never saw one. Even Ki-Adi Mundi is gone already. The only main character that sells through as well as these guys is Ahsoka Tano. The line would be quite boring without these tertiary characters.

I agree with you all. As much as my son and I love all the Clones, the other characters need to be made into figures also. Hasbro has done a great job with TCW line, they need to keep the character variations coming.

Quote Originally Posted by hesnojedi
    Exactly, the figures that are selling through are the one and done characters. I can walk in to any store and pick up a new Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous, Clone... etc. Elles? NO. Boba? Never saw one. Even Ki-Adi Mundi is gone already. The only main character that sells through as well as these guys is Ahsoka Tano. The line would be quite boring without these tertiary characters.
    Very true, and Hasbro doesnt give collectors enough credit for buying CW figures, but I see collectors cleaning out the pegs before kids ever even get a crack at them.

I went shopping with my nephew because he wanted to use a giftcard, he picked up all CW figures: the new Anakin, new Bane, new Grievous, new Yoda, and the new version of Kit. Now, all of these figures are cool, but he has numerous versions of all of these characters already. He actually wanted the figures that I want and cant find: Barriss, Eeth, Colt, and he wanted a Visla (which is long gone). Hasbro should never have more repacks in a case than new figures.

Quote Originally Posted by j30spiff
    I agree with you all. As much as my son and I love all the Clones, the other characters need to be made into figures also. Hasbro has done a great job with TCW line, they need to keep the character variations coming.
    The trouble is kids love weird and wacky type characters, the more unusual the character the more interesting it becomes. If Hasbro doesn't toss us and the kids a bone every few waves then they'll slowly kill this line off with the same endless figures.

On seeing the answer to the Trandoshan question I really don't understand Hasbro's Business ethics at all, I was always under the impression that manufacturers worked to the ethos of Supply and Demand, So we the customer Adult and Child collectors have a reasonable demand for Trandoshan Characters of which there are twelve individuals and their Vehicals along with Wookies hasbro should therefore be chomping at the bit to supply these products in the view to obtaining our Cash thus gaining easy profit ( In the true Neimoidian way) , yet they would rather risk their precious buget on items namley Deluxe Vehicals which their main customers KIDS have no connection with because the items have never seen the light of day on screen. WHY!!!! I just don't understand

Latest Q&A brought up this nugget:

From ActionFigureInsider:
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    Q2) And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2) Yep, you asked for it, you got it. A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012. Stay tuned for more information!

[/QUOTE]

Link

Speculate away!!!
    ==================¶[[[_◊Ї_||₪==₪||_Ї◊_]]]¶==================

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/disco-jedi/albums

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jedi
    Latest Q&A brought up this nugget:

From ActionFigureInsider:
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    Q2) And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2) Yep, you asked for it, you got it. A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012. Stay tuned for more information!
    Link

Speculate away!!!

[/QUOTE]
    How about realistic/vintage figures done in the Clone Wars style...For CW collectors and kids...

Quote Originally Posted by QWONOS

How about realistic/vintage figures done in the Clone Wars style...For CW collectors and kids...
    I think Hasbro addressed that a few years back - they dont have permission from LFL to do that, nor is there any media to support it. If there were an animated show based on OT characters that would be one thing, but as it stands, we dont even get all the characters we want from the CW series itself...

Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast