Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Todd DeMartino’s "The Saga Museum" Thread

Re: OFFICIAL Todd DeMartino’s \"The Saga Museum\" Thread

When will the book be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_A
    Hi Bill.
    Thanks for the update of sorts. What sort of time frame are we looking at waiting further. Another 6 months? A few more months?
    I wish I could give you a firm date, but I just can't. At this point, I highly doubt that Todd will speculate on a date given that the initial estimates were so far off and he doesn't want to get locked in to another deadline. My guess is that a date will be provided once the book is ready to be shipped to the printer. At that point, we know exactly how long it will take to print and how long it will take them to ship the completed product. Sorry. Wish I could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by colpar
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for the announcement and effort to rebuild the communication between Todd and the buyers / potential buyers community, it's really appreciated.

I translated your post on the french collecting board Mintinbox.net to keep the french speaking collectors up to date too .

Questions ( will not ask about a timeframe for the release as it has already been asked for ) :

- It has been stated that the price will remain the same for pre-orders. What about the shipping fees for Europe ? Will these still be the same too ?

- There were brochures announced for Celebration V, i don't know if these were printed, if yes, would you still have one available ?
    Thanks

olivier
    Because a European distributor has been lined up, there's a good possibility that your order will be shipped from this location. But even if Todd ships European orders from the states, I'm unaware of any plans to charge the international folks who pre-ordered the book additional shipping costs.

I'm pretty sure Todd still has some of the brochures left, but let me confirm and I'll let you if and how we can get one to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickster
    Hey Bill. One of the issues I have is that I preordered way back when but have moved three times since I placed my initial order. I just want to make sure that when the book is shipped, that my address is up to date and will be shipped to the right place. I sent Todd an email from the blog site one time with an update but never got a response. Is there a better way to contact with updating information such as this? I look forward to seeing the book when it arrives. Thank you very much!!
    If you submitted contact information changes through www.thesagamuseum.com, I'm certain it was received. But just in case, do me a favor and email your contact info to me and I'll make sure it gets to Todd.

If anyone who pre-ordered the book would like to confirm your contact info. (name, email, address), email it to me and I'll make sure that the master list is updated.

Quote Originally Posted by colpar
    Hi Bill,

- It has been stated that the price will remain the same for pre-orders. What about the shipping fees for Europe ? Will these still be the same too ?
    olivier
    Olivier - just confirming that International pre-orders will NOT be asked to pay any additional shippings costs over and above what you have already paid.

For those that did not pre-order the book, both the price of the book and the shipping cost will necessarily be higher.

Bill, it's great to see you reopening the communication channels on the project. One question/suggestion I have is: Will Todd allow you to post these updates on the blog also? I'm sure more than just RS members had a preorder or are interested in the book with all the publicity it has received already.
    Collection Website|U Grade FAQ|My Feedback

WTB: Luke Jedi POTF Proof

Bill,

Many thanks for the informations about shipping ( and all the other usefull informations you gave us today ), i really appreciate the cost staying the same in spite of the weight that will certainly be increased.

As for the brochure ( if one is left ), if you could just put one aside for me that would be great, it's for collecting purpose and if it is delivered with the book that's great. If you have one in digital form it is great too

Thanks again.
    Star Wars vintage community focus page : http://www.starwarsdatabase.be/focus.php

I was wondering if you could shed any light as to what stage the book is currently in?

I know in the past Todd mentioned wanting several facets of the book to be top notch such as design, photography and editorial. I know all of that has to be done before being shipped off to the printer. I also seem to recall at one point you were editing the book. You don't have to be specific, just curious what stage of the game Todd is at would be immensely helpful.
    Looking for: Rebel Commando & Endor Forest Ranger pre-production items, vintage Star Wars toothbrushes, and, yes, Jar Jar pre-production items.
    Check out: Vintage Dental Health

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_K
    Bill, it's great to see you reopening the communication channels on the project. One question/suggestion I have is: Will Todd allow you to post these updates on the blog also? I'm sure more than just RS members had a preorder or are interested in the book with all the publicity it has received already.
    Actually, Todd is resuming the blog and I think he has a new update coming very soon. But to answer your question, yes, he would certainly allow it. I think you'll see similar content/updates in both places, although I honestly think you'll see information a little more frequently here on this thread.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast