Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *NEW 2013 KITS READY* Han in Carbonite hero panel FULL lighting kit! pics/vids

*NEW KITS READY* Han in Carbonite hero panel FULL lighting kit! pics/vids

Brand new smaller kits are now ready!

Kit installed in QCWolf's HiC

It now uses a MUCH smaller integrated microcontroller which means easier fitment into the panel. There is also a new power connector and an available 4xAA battery pack.

All kits come with a US-compatible wall power supply. It will work with all countries' 110 to 240 AC voltage and would just require an inexpensive plug adapter for your country if you are outside of North America. I will throw in an EU plug/outlet adapter for free if you ask.

Everything seen above is included: The lighted sequenced segments, red/orange/white 7 LED strip, rotary switch (3 settings: Normal "stasis" pattern, fast "unfreeze" pattern, and off), green screen overlay and bright flashing screen light, and wall power adapter. A 4xAA battery adapter can be included for an additional $5.

Here is a video of the kit installed and in action! An additional power switch is shown in this vid (not included) Thanks lmakeltraln!

HiC lighting kit installed

Kits are $199 including shipping within the US. Add $5 if you also want the battery adapter, and add $15 for shipping outside of the US. PM me for Paypal info.

Here is a screenshot showing how the screen pattern I made is a perfect match (outer edges are wide to allow room for installation, dimensions are perfectly matched when installed)

And here's a screenshot from ESB of Lando checking Han's vitals to show how everything will be placed in the panel.

And some pictures of the kit installed after painting the backing perfboards (slightly different resistor placement shown)

The flash sequences are very accurate to the movies. I spent hours analyzing the movies frame by frame, taking screenshots, and matching each individual segment, 13 segments total across the 4 displays. The kits now have two flash sequences, stasis (regular) sequence that was in my first kits, and now the unfreeze (fast) sequence added, as well as an off selection on the knob!

The video below shows the main panels of the kit in action before installation in the panel. (This kit shows the older microcontroller which has since been replaced with the integrated tiny microcontroller, lighting is the same.)

YouTube - Han in Carbonite Hero Panel Electronics

Video info: Shown is a frame-by-frame match of the flash sequence from ESB (from a 90 frame sequence) when the panel is clearly displayed in the film. The green LED represents the green screen panel. The fast flash sequence (copied from ~70 frames) is from ROTJ when Han is being unfrozen.
    Last edited by modeljag; 09-10-2016 at 10:25 AM.

High Admiral

Re: Han in Carbonite Hero Panel Electronics kit

Welcome to RS!

I wish I was talented enough to put that to good use. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to learning about new SW stuff here.

That's fantastic ! I don't know if you're into trades ?
    But I make Lightsabers. And would willing to exchange
    talents, if you like ?
    Let me know. Oz
    Que la Force soit avec toi

Actually yes, I am looking for a nice lightsaber I'd be willing to trade for! Sent you a pm.

Still available

Going to make an add-on kit to include the 7 other LEDs on the panel (3 white, 2 red, 2 orange). It will probably be an option for new orders, and I will offer just these lights pre-wired for those that already have my kits. If you want to add these to your existing kit, you will only need to solder a couple wires to your switch, very easy to do. The lights are static, i.e. not controlled separately but will turn on when the other lights are on, and off when the other lights are off.

The camera doesn't capture the light emitted that well, but they are all about the same brightness.

Here's a reference screenshot from ESB to show where they will go. Note the far right red led is off in this pic.

Up late tonight getting the upgrade versions ready, and here's a vid of the newest kit with 7 leds added. 2 red, 2 orange, 3 white. The video isn't the greatest quality so it's hard to tell the difference between the red and orange leds (reds are on the outside), and the whites look brighter than they really are but it looks even better in person. The spacing is a bit wider to give you some extra wire to work with for easier installation in the panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2utJZZMtnqU

Building some new kits with the added 7 leds, ready to ship this week

Built some more kits. Also had a nice member send me some pics and vid of his installed kit!

Note the rotary switch hasn't been mounted but is wired and meant to be installed in the proper location. A power switch has also been added (a good idea if using the 9V battery adapter) Thanks lmakeltraln!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oq4-xTDVSs

And some pictures of the kit installed after painting the backing perfboards and adding a few dummy electronics

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast