Page 1 of 176 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Game of Thrones on HBO

Just caught the premiere episode. This was awesome. Tons of barbaric events, murder, nudity. All the things I like in television. Even had Sean Bean. Can't wait to see more.
    "I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Only thing I didn't like was how they handled the last scene. The scene in the book was much, much better. Wish they would have included Jaime and Cersei's dialogue during that scene.

Dany's got a great caboose...among other things.

Don't have HBO but I'ver heard great things abut this show. I think it might need to be a DVD pickup later.
    "Always walk away from a fight. Then ambush." - Serge A. Storms

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    Even had Sean Bean.
    I'm interested.
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

He plays boromir essentially no less.
    "I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    He plays boromir essentially no less.
    Indeed...

...makes me wish I still had HBO. I love the books, despite Martin constantly stabbing you in the back. He makes Joss Whedon look like a saint, at times.

Quote Originally Posted by jediraven82
    Only thing I didn't like was how they handled the last scene. The scene in the book was much, much better. Wish they would have included Jaime and Cersei's dialogue during that scene.

Dany's got a great caboose...among other things.
    Can you elaborate a little on how the book differs in regards to that scene?

Overall, was really impressed with the first episode. HBO has already green-lit a 2nd season as well.
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

caught this at my friend's pad. (We call it "the compound" ) Overall I felt it should've been stronger, but it was good -to very good range. 3.5/5

When you start off a series, you should be very impressive from the gate. The show just didn't leave me with that feeling at the end. The end of that episode was interesting though. Bad how they didn't show more of the things that were at the beginning of the episode.
    "Why don't we just go into lightspeed?" FB: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t923491/#post15376669

Still lovin' this series!
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

Great series so far. Loved the first two episodes(my wife even dug it) and can't wait to watch the third. Hopefully I'll have some time tonight.

Page 1 of 176 1231151101 ... LastLast