Page 5 of 176 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

After watching most of the season I decided to buy the whole set of books off of amazon. I just started to read the first book.

yeah Im also going to start reading the books with the second book Clash of Kings because I cant wait to find out what happens!
    "I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

I read the summaries of each book on Wikipedia and all I can say is WOW!I hope the TV series continues until the end and covers all of the books.

I read Book 1 on the flight to/from Star Wars Weekends. Excellent book. I've already ordered the next 3-4.

The series has been pretty close... but if you've read the books then you know they truly did give the Imp the shaft this week. In the book he leads his ragtag band of warriors and actually does very well against the army from the North. In fact his father is shocked that he's even alive when it's all said and done. For whatever reason the writer's decided to not even have him in the fight for the series. Real shame.

And obviously whatever budget this show has, and I'm sure it's a lot, it's not enough for them to comfortably convey large battles. Hopefully they can up the ante next season. I'd like to see some real "war" vs. just the aftermath.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSean
    I read Book 1 on the flight to/from Star Wars Weekends. Excellent book. I've already ordered the next 3-4.

The series has been pretty close... but if you've read the books then you know they truly did give the Imp the shaft this week. In the book he leads his ragtag band of warriors and actually does very well against the army from the North. In fact his father is shocked that he's even alive when it's all said and done. For whatever reason the writer's decided to not even have him in the fight for the series. Real shame.

And obviously whatever budget this show has, and I'm sure it's a lot, it's not enough for them to comfortably convey large battles. Hopefully they can up the ante next season. I'd like to see some real "war" vs. just the aftermath.
    So, in the book, Tyrion didn't get knocked out before the big battle?

This series gets better with every episode. Certainly did not see that death coming. The horse lords thread bores me though. It's the same conversation every time.
    Khaleesi: "Do this and that!"
    Horse Lord: "I dont listen to a Khaleesi!" Khaleesi: "Your Khaleesi commands it!"
    Horse Lord: "No way!"
    Khaleesi: "Then I will tell the Khal you disobeyed!"
    Horse Lord: "Okay I will do it."

I also don't see where that is going. Mostly I wish they all get in their 'wooden horses' and sink.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jediblood

So, in the book, Tyrion didn't get knocked out before the big battle?
    Nope. He fights and does quite well.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder
    This series gets better with every episode. Certainly did not see that death coming. The horse lords thread bores me though. It's the same conversation every time.
    Khaleesi: "Do this and that!"
    Horse Lord: "I dont listen to a Khaleesi!" Khaleesi: "Your Khaleesi commands it!"
    Horse Lord: "No way!"
    Khaleesi: "Then I will tell the Khal you disobeyed!"
    Horse Lord: "Okay I will do it."

I also don't see where that is going. Mostly I wish they all get in their 'wooden horses' and sink.

I see where you're coming from, but....

...she's freakin' hot, so I'm good with it.
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it.
    --Richard Marcinko

Bad Wolf Media - My public photo page

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSean

I actually enjoy the drama and backstabbing so much that i don't have any desire to see the actual battles. I don't feel that it would actually add that much to the show plus they would have to sacrifice character/story development to fit the battles into the allotted timeframe.

So, for an ending to a book/season that sure did leave alot of holes unplugged (pretty much all of them).

I'm glad HBO picked this series up for a second season or this would end up being a very odd mini-series.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Page 5 of 176 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast