Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain
    Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    Just caught the premiere episode. This was awesome. Tons of barbaric events, murder, nudity.
    I have been trying to give this series a chance, but the things you mention seem to be the focal point of the ENTIRE series, rather than interesting characters or story or a reason for me to care. I like nudity and [censored] as much as they next guy, but it seems to really just be taking taboo topics, considers the angle of reality TV, and then applies it to fiction. I've never read the books, but I imagine they have to be at least, if not moreso, as explicite as the series -which explains, I hope, why I never bothered to pick up the books. [censored] and violence are great, as long as they further the story and aren't the story itself. Even the midget, who I love in 'The Station Agent', is just a [censored]-out kind of guy so that we can consider our own prejudices because of his size. We'd like him even if he weren't a midget, which begs the question why he is one, at all. I watched 4 episodes, in a row, on-demand and just couldn't get into it. I found myself falling asleep towards te middle of the second, and only gave the next two episodes a shot because everyone on these kinds of forums say it's a great show. I don't see it.
    Well, you're gonna hate missing out on the Red Wedding.
    "We'll kill them all!"

I saws a Spartacus series on Netflix; couldn't get into that, either. Mostly because of the 300 vibe they seemed to be going for with that show. I swear 300 would have been 15 minutes long if 98% of the movie wasn't in slow motion.
    What tv shows DO/DID you like then?
    That might help reveal more about your particular taste of entertainment.
    And if it sucks, we can all laugh at you.
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickles
    I saws a Spartacus series on Netflix; couldn't get into that, either. Mostly because of the 300 vibe they seemed to be going for with that show. I swear 300 would have been 15 minutes long if 98% of the movie wasn't in slow motion.
    What tv shows DO/DID you like then?
    That might help reveal more about your particular taste of entertainment.
    And if it sucks, we can all laugh at you.
    This supposes that I'm laughing at people who like Game of Thrones. I'm not, though. It just isn't my cup of tea.

Six Feet Under, Reign: The Conqueror, Are you Being Served?, battlestar Galactica. I like lots of stuff. This series just isn't one of them.

just finished watching ep 7 and this show gets better by the week. My wife is also hooked. I was skeptical at first but now I can't get enough of it. too bad there are only 10 episodes per season

Ya'll are gonna lose your minds in season 2.

I can't get HBO Go to work so I have to wait for the new episode. Stupid HBO Go
    "We'll kill them all!"

Quote Originally Posted by SSIntimidator
    Ya'll are gonna lose your minds in season 2.

I can't get HBO Go to work so I have to wait for the new episode. Stupid HBO Go
    I couldn't get on hbogo that first night for obvious reasons. Everyone and their mom was on there. Got it to work the next day though. It is a really good episode. Just sucks cause now I don't have a new one to watch tonight.

If Ned gets hurt I'm gonna RAGGGGGE
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

I'm all caught up so I can click the thread now...good thing that no one really gave anything away.

After the cliffhanger on the last episode I HAD to read some of the spoilers online about the deaths of a couple characters. This season is not going to end in a pleasant way depending on how they cut the seasons to the books.

I'm really curious about Benji's arc and the white walkers and the night watch going past the wall looking for him. This seems like it's taking an epic quest direction for the story. It's also really interesting to see that the Dothrakis (sp) are going to try to invade the seven kingdoms using "wooden horses".
    "I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    This season is not going to end in a pleasant way depending on how they cut the seasons to the books.

From what I understand AGOT is one season of 10 episodes. The other books have yet to be decided but they have talked about cutting them up over two seasons. Personally I'd rather just have one long 24 (or so) episode season than cutting them up.
    "We'll kill them all!"

They've got a TON of events to cover in 3 episodes, I wonder what will get cut out. I would love for HBO to realize that these seasons need to be longer and give it the okay. So many things happen in AGOT, but it those events are dwarfed by all the *** that goes down in ACoK and ASoS.

Page 3 of 176 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast