Page 2 of 176 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Re: Game of Thrones on HBO

Yep, still great and viewership increased for the 3rd episode. The latest episode mostly involved putting people in their places and should be the lead up to some big things.

I absolutely love Maisie Williams as Arya so far. I think she has been the best so far followed by the great Peter Dinklage as the Imp.

The only thing I'm disappointed with so far is the lack of Ghost thus far.

Wow the next episode looks explosive. So Ned is being cast out by The King because his wife suspects the imp of being the one who tried to kill his son?
    "I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    Wow the next episode looks explosive. So Ned is being cast out by The King because his wife suspects the imp of being the one who tried to kill his son?
    Actually, that's not the reason. Robert wants to send assassin's to kill Dany and Ned wants no part of it. It's a continuation of their discussion during lunch off of the Kingsroad.

I've been recording these and finally got around to watching the first 4 episodes yesterday in a mini-marathon, I have to say I'm impressed, not just with the acting but the production values are top notch.

I found Aidan Gillen as Baelish a bit distracting since I keep seeming him as Mayor Carcetti from The Wire!
    inter arma silent leges

Caught this the other day - not bad at all...

I found the second and third eps to be better than the first, but that's okay, as I guess the first ep set the scene soundly enough...

Can't wait to see more!

Sounds great - I have never been dissapointed with a show produced by HBO (Sopranos, Treme, Rome, The Wire, Deadwood, & Carnivale) so I'll also be checking this out once the first season is released on DVD.

Just caught the premiere episode. This was awesome. Tons of barbaric events, murder, nudity.
    I have been trying to give this series a chance, but the things you mention seem to be the focal point of the ENTIRE series, rather than interesting characters or story or a reason for me to care. I like nudity and [censored] as much as they next guy, but it seems to really just be taking taboo topics, considers the angle of reality TV, and then applies it to fiction. I've never read the books, but I imagine they have to be at least, if not moreso, as explicite as the series -which explains, I hope, why I never bothered to pick up the books. [censored] and violence are great, as long as they further the story and aren't the story itself. Even the midget, who I love in 'The Station Agent', is just a [censored]-out kind of guy so that we can consider our own prejudices because of his size. We'd like him even if he weren't a midget, which begs the question why he is one, at all. I watched 4 episodes, in a row, on-demand and just couldn't get into it. I found myself falling asleep towards te middle of the second, and only gave the next two episodes a shot because everyone on these kinds of forums say it's a great show. I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain
    Just caught the premiere episode. This was awesome. Tons of barbaric events, murder, nudity.
    I have been trying to give this series a chance, but the things you mention seem to be the focal point of the ENTIRE series, rather than interesting characters or story or a reason for me to care. I like nudity and [censored] as much as they next guy, but it seems to really just be taking taboo topics, considers the angle of reality TV, and then applies it to fiction. I've never read the books, but I imagine they have to be at least, if not moreso, as explicite as the series -which explains, I hope, why I never bothered to pick up the books. [censored] and violence are great, as long as they further the story and aren't the story itself. Even the midget, who I love in 'The Station Agent', is just a [censored]-out kind of guy so that we can consider our own prejudices because of his size. We'd like him even if he weren't a midget, which begs the question why he is one, at all. I watched 4 episodes, in a row, on-demand and just couldn't get into it. I found myself falling asleep towards te middle of the second, and only gave the next two episodes a shot because everyone on these kinds of forums say it's a great show. I don't see it.
    You should check out Spartacus : Sand and Blood, it makes GoT look tame.
    inter arma silent leges

I saws a Spartacus series on Netflix; couldn't get into that, either. Mostly because of the 300 vibe they seemed to be going for with that show. I swear 300 would have been 15 minutes long if 98% of the movie wasn't in slow motion.

I was never a fan of Spartacus. Stylistically it looked impressive the first week, but to me it was more Beowulf than 300!

As for Game of Thrones it just gets better every week! I've only seen the first three, have episodes four and five to watch! Hopefully get to see them this weekend when this missus is off night duties this week!

Page 2 of 176 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast