Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1756

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Coz View Post
    Unsullied were there when Bran was chosen. Grey Worm wanted Jon dead. If they had named him King, his head would have exploded. They would have rampaged with the Dothraki. They left after Bran was chosen and Jon banished.
    I wasn't sure what exactly became of the Dothraki. I saw Unsullied on the ships, but is it implied the Dothraki were down below deck and left with them? It would make the most sense.

The way I see it, if the Unsullied and Dothraki have gone back home, then at some point Bran can always pardon Jon for essentially saving everyone, twice. It was Jon who brought everyone together to fight the Night King. He saved everyone again by killing the Mad Queen.

Jon getting sent back to the wall just doesn't sit well with me given all he has done for their entire world. Everyone owes him a huge debt of gratitude.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Jon didn't want to be king... how many times does he say it. He's from the north and he goes back north. He is given a command at Castle Black (however good or bad that is) and he is reunited with people that he had befriended and helped so he's welcomed. I don't see Jon as being banished really, he's allowed to go north. Sansa is in the north and she can do what she wants. Jon is an honorable man and will likely stay until another war forces him to come south.

His punishment is akin to sending a kid to his room when the room has a TV, Playstation and Internet.

You think Bran cares about the Unsullied or Dothraki after they leave? He's Jon's 'brother' so even if Jon decides he's taking a vacation to Dorne, you think Bran will force him back north? Most of the people of Westeros know that Jon Snow saved them all.

I am shocked that so many want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. Game of Thrones was a pinnacle of television. It had a rushed ending, but how many shows don't even get an ending? How many shows have a perfect ending?
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Jon did not stay at castle black. he went north with the wildlings. they closed the gate behind him.
    he looked longingly back at the gate as it closed -- he's not coming back.
    he's the "King Beyond The Wall" now -- he's the leader of the Free Folk.

^^ (this is a "perfect ending" for the character).
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-21-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    Jon did not stay at castle black. he went north with the wildlings. they closed the gate behind him.
    he looked longingly back at the gate as it closed -- he's not coming back.
    he's the "King Beyond The Wall" now -- he's the leader of the Free Folk.

^^ (this is a "perfect ending" for the character).
    That certainly is implied.

If people want to be upset that we didn't get more three-eyed raven magic or more death from white walkers or a better end for Cersei, or more exposition on how or why... then I guess you can complain. My biggest beef is with the "Long Night" and the strategy to win it.... it was pretty dumb honestly. However, there was really no way to defeat Cersei first and then deal with the dead, so they had to finish it at Winterfell and then move on to take down Cersei.

Dany was never going to be the queen in the end. Jon didn't want it. Sansa was a possibility, but she gets to be queen of the north, which she is best suited for. Tyrion would never be accepted as king. Who else then? Greyjoy? Tully? Martel? Gray Worm? Sam?
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Yep, this is my take too. He left Westeros, preumably for good.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post

Dany was never going to be the queen in the end. Jon didn't want it. Sansa was a possibility, but she gets to be queen of the north, which she is best suited for. Tyrion would never be accepted as king. Who else then? Greyjoy? Tully? Martel? Gray Worm? Sam?
    it makes perfect sense that it was Bran.

(re: Bran v. Night King).

the "Long Night" arc is the main conflict of this epic; the Night King is the main antagonist of the story.

and Bran was the Night King's nemesis --> the three eyed raven is the antithesis of the Night King --> one OR the other would win in the end.

this makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-21-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

There were lyrics to the theme song at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Coz View Post
    There were lyrics to the theme song at the end.
    We got lyrics a long time ago.
    https://youtu.be/OI0K3TdS_Yk
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Are people done talking about this already?
    I mean I'm glad nobody is trashing it anymore because I loved the final season but it still needs to be talked about positively.

How about this:
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainm...tandhp#image=1

Yep. What’s there to talk about? There’s a reason there was a petition with over 1 million signatures. It obviously won’t get remade but these are the people bringing you the next Star Wars movies so have fun!

Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176 LastLast