Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DeAgostini vs Titanium Comparison Photos & DA List

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Koopa View Post
    ...the Home One really sucks. It doesn't look like on the preview picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by aackbar01 View Post
    God the Home One sucks. I wish I had looked at the earlier post before ordering...
    Yes indeed, it really sucks. Didn't someone say metal turd?

Issue# 73:*: Home One
    No Titanium - seen with WotC and MM

its really surprising that with some of the amazing miniatures DA has done on more complex ships/vehicles that they would choose to do such a crappy job on the Mon Cal ships which happen to be some of the easiest ships to produce compared to other capital ships...........just saying! the only other complaint I had with DA was the poor choice of doing these instead of better stuff. 1.Hyperwing (should have come with Jedi Starfighter, makes more sense) 2.Tie-crawler (should have done E-wing instead) 3.Pod Racer's ( total waste ) 4.Ewok Glider ( didn't like the Ewok's why would I want they're Glider) Im just saying that with so many great cannon stuff left to do they could have given us a few more good ships/vehicles like Naboo Yacht,SPHA-T,Acclamator,Anakin's Air Speeder,PAC,Diamond-class Cruiser, or Republic Gunboat to name a few!
    Once you start down the Dark path forever will it dominate your destiny.

I didn't mind their MC80 but DA definitely dropped the ball on the Home One, Rebel Transport, Nebulon B, Royal Starship, and Naboo Cruiser IMHO. Thankfully, there aren't many that suck but I'd say the Home One is far and away the worst ship they've done. It barely resembles its namesake at all. Most of the others are just shrimpy runts but not badly modelled.

Hehe DE... I don't like ewoks either and I'd prefer those ships on your list too. Especially the E-Wing, Yacht, and the iconic Acclamator.
    I suspect Titanium will release none of those and will instead make TCW stuff like a Mando Transport, Freeco, Jedi Turbo Speeder, etc... but who knows?

We probably shouldn't complain (but we will). Over 150 different SW vehicle types in the past few years isn't too shabby.

Here's a new batch of comparison photos for your viewing pleasure/derision. I'll add them to the list later.

V-Wing

TF Landing Ship C-9979

Solar Sailer (no Titanium; seen with AF)

Hyperspace Ring for JSF (does not fit DA JSF; wrong scale, wrong colour!)

Neimoidian Shuttle

AT-PT (no Titanium)

Last edited by Darth_Duranium; 12-29-2011 at 08:20 AM.

In the Super Star Destroyer pics, who makes the largest one? The second biggest is the WotC version, which I thought was the biggest besides the rare Hasbro one from the 90s.

The big SSD is made by Crazy Details of Argentina, Grunt. It's heavy, solid resin and is indeed smaller than the Collector Fleet version and bigger than the WotC.
    Super Star Destroyer by Crazy Details

I'm sorry, I'm new here...

What is the Titanium Series? I've been collecting the DeAgostini series since issue #1 and I am deeply disappointed they are coming to an end. I am looking for a replacement so I can continue collecting since so many excellent vehicles were not included in the DeAgostini series.

Anybody suggest where I can look? And what was the Titanium series?

Kind Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by OptikaNET View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm new here...

What is the Titanium Series? I've been collecting the DeAgostini series since issue #1 and I am deeply disappointed they are coming to an end. I am looking for a replacement so I can continue collecting since so many excellent vehicles were not included in the DeAgostini series.

Anybody suggest where I can look? And what was the Titanium series?

Kind Regards
    Dave
    Galoob, the makers of Micro Machines, introduced a line of Die-cast Metal vehicles in 1996, repackaged these several times, then came out with a corresponding line for The Phantom Menace. By that time, Hasbro had bought the company and its assets, so the tooling was used to form a new line that they dubbed Titanium. The Titanium Series ran from about 2005-2009 adding many more sculpts, many repaints, and even a larger scale type (Ultra), and metal figurines the size of the 3.75" action figure line. The line sputtered out with cancelled releases and troubled distribution but many fans really loved it. At San Diego Comic Con last year it was revealed that there would be four 3-packs coming in 2012. Check out the Rebelscum Titanium Photo Archive here.

As a rule, Titanium vehicles are smaller and less-detailed than DA ones, but this is not always the case. There are several other threads in this section that will give you lots of information about Titanium.
    Last edited by Sabacc; 01-07-2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: added info

The one that we all pined for, here it is, the wondrous Ewok Glider.
    No Titanium; seen with WotC

Here's the DA Recusant with the WotC version... no Titanium.

I'll finish off the comparison thread with everybody's pics soon, cheers y'all.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast