Page 1 of 260 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars General Toy Discussion Thread

Clone Wars General Toy Discussion Thread

Continue on here with general Hasbro Clone Wars discussion.

Here are the last few posts from the previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone

Found a pic of the Phase II armor in the episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDarkfall
    That sucks, it's waaay to early for phase II.
    Quote Originally Posted by GNT
    Just a bit to soon IMO as well, maybe we'll see a mixture in upcoming episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedJedi
    It means we are coming closer to the end...and thats sad. (when I say closer I know there still may be a few years...but still)

Re: Clone Wars General Discussion Thread - v2

I think that this is just a sneak peak of what is coming up. We may not see the Phase II armor on clones for another year or two.

Kinda like how you see a sneak peak of the Death Star plans in Attack of the Clones. You don't really even see the Death Star completed until ANH. (and yes, I do remember seeing its 'frame' at the end of EpIII)

The Clone Wars is presented as an anthology and is not chronological. Episodes in season 4 or 5 could have happened before events shown in season 1. So even if we see Phase II armor, it doesn't mean we are close to the end of the show.

Making Clone Wars an anthology was a great idea. That way, writers weren't pressured to come up with all the plots and timelines during the initial planning phase. It makes for an overall better quality show and richer episodes.

Clone Wars is getting better and less kid-like all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bongjuan
    Making Clone Wars an anthology was a great idea. That way, writers weren't pressured to come up with all the plots and timelines during the initial planning phase. It makes for an overall better quality show and richer episodes.
    That's a good point.

I do sometimes wish it was a continuous story though, because I feel it would give it more of a Saturday matinée feel because it would be chronicling the war from week to week -- and in doing so make it maybe even more epic overall. And the three and four-part episodes are great, but I just wish the stories were even more interrelated.

With that said, I do understand their reasoning for going the anthology route.
    "A great leap forward often requires taking two steps back."
    "And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump."
    -Obi-Wan and Anakin, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"

If the above image is about WHY the clones switched to the Phase II helmet I'm dying to see this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide
    If the above image is about WHY the clones switched to the Phase II helmet I'm dying to see this episode.
    They never discuss the armor, its just seen in the background of two scenes. The gist of the episode is a senate vote on whether to order more clones from Kamino or not.

holy helmet! phase 2 is coming and we still don't have a definitive phase 1 mold...it looks rocking btw

Quote Originally Posted by capt_kulas
    holy helmet! phase 2 is coming
    Not necessarily anytime soon. It should take a while for holo-plans like this to be put into full production.

UK is getting the world premieres of TCW at the minute, we are a week in front! Next episode "Cat and Mouse" has an excellent new Separatist Admiral Trench and a cool new black-suited Clone pilot to watch out for.
    Big Sith Infiltrator for 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Satan

UK is getting the world premieres of TCW at the minute, we are a week in front! Next episode "Cat and Mouse" has an excellent new Separatist Admiral Trench and a cool new black-suited Clone pilot to watch out for.
    You're so lucky If someone find this episode on streaming, can he PM me ? Thanks
    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Page 1 of 260 1231151101 ... LastLast