Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now? V.3

Getting caught up on the last few months SW comics..

The Galaxy's Edge comics are great if not alone for the simple fact that they tied in and cross-marketed the storylines/comics with the opening of the Disney SW theme parks. Kudos, and great stuff!!!! Absolutely love this!

The individual "Age of the Rebellion" type stories are pretty good.

Good stuff lately in the SW comics world!
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    Honestly I'm still trudging through Thrawn: Alliances. It's not a good book and not even near the quality of Thrawn. Hopefully the next one returns to form.
    Agreed. Some moments were good, but overall I was disappointed.
    Seems that Zahn is being forced to kinda go along with the new Disney-style of storytelling.
    There is an interview in a thread in the forums here where it seems that even with Thrawn appearing in Rebels was done pretty much without his input.
    From the interview it seems like it was "yeah, they called me after it was done and asked me to see what I could piece together for the new books."
    Terrible.

If anyone wants to check out the interview (audio) here's the link:

https://www.superkaiju.com/tb94-episode11/
    Last edited by HappyNoodleBoy; 06-23-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNoodleBoy View Post
    Agreed. Some moments were good, but overall I was disappointed.
    Seems that Zahn is being forced to kinda go along with the new Disney-style of storytelling.
    There is an interview in a thread in the forums here where it seems that even with Thrawn appearing in Rebels was done pretty much without his input.
    From the interview it seems like it was "yeah, they called me after it was done and asked me to see what I could piece together for the new books."
    Terrible.

If anyone wants to check out the interview (audio) here's the link:

https://www.superkaiju.com/tb94-episode11/
    That's a shame. I didn't really get that impression at all during the first (new) novel or even Rebels for that matter.

Alliance just seems like a way for Disney to name drop that new land in a book.

Earlier today I dug out the old paperback of Star Wars Allegiance out of the storage box in the closet. going to be reading it again for the 3rd time and reading Choices of One for the first time since I just bought Choices of One from Barnes and Noble.

I just need to finish reading the last 200 pages of Wheel of Time Eye of the World first

Wow.. the Galaxy's Edge comic series not only ties in to the Disney theme parks, but 3 surprise characters rolled into the 3rd installment of the series as well. Just an awesome read with this series. Loving it. One of the better ones in a while.
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

Just finished Lost Stars. It's been a long time since I really enjoyed a Star Wars book. Loved the characters, loved the story. Sometimes, it felt a bit rushed, but they do cover like...over a decade of story.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Im reading the last 60 pages of Star Wars Allegiance.

Then later today or tonight ill be reading Star Wars Choices of One and reading some old Alpha Flight and old Power Pack back issues I bought last month or so

today i started reading Star Wars Razors Edge along with reading New Lovecraft Circle later tonight

I just finished the Bane Trilogy for the 5th or 6th time. Such a good story.

Im reading Star Wars Shadows of the Empire paperback for like the 3rd time in years. Still a great story

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast