Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Republic Gunship - Crumb Bomber v2

Re: Republic Gunship - Crumb Bomber v2

Quick question here:

When did this actually show up?? It's listed as a 2009 TRU Exclusive in the Photo Archives, but I don't recall ever recall seeing it? Did I just miss it?

And also-----what's the story on the Walmart Exclusive Gunship--"The Lucky Lekku"?? Did that one ever show up as well?
    "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or ****in' beatings. The world ends when your dead. Until then,you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man-and give some back" -Al Swearengen

It was out for Christmas 2009, but it was way over priced. I think it was nearly $80. I passed on it expecting that it would eventually be on sale (Like $35 YWings or $49 AT-TEs) and also be around for years to come. Alot of TRU exclusives live long lives on the shelves.

But that didn't happen here. The Crumb bomber never went on a good sale and it disappeared right after Christmas. I only saw is stocked lightly. I regret not having a Gunship, but I really don't regret being smart enough to pass it up at $80.

There will be more repaints in the future, so while we may never see the Crumb again, its only a matter of time before the Gunship appears once more.

Both Gunships, the Crumb Bomber and Lucky Lekku, came and went fairly quickly at their repective retailers.

As Cyclone mentioned, the Crumb Bomber retailed for $80, but the enhancements to the vehicle helped take the sting out of the price for many collectors.

The Lucky Lekku was $50 at Wal-Mart. I drug my feet on this one as long as I could, hoping for some kind of pricing assistance. Once I saw a local store with two remaining on the shelf, I grabbed it, remembering how I regretted not buying the black & white CW Gunship, only to watch the secondary market price soar.

The Republic Gunship is one of the main vehicles we see in the cartoon series, while I doubt we'll see the same versions done I'm positive we'll see some other variations to come in the next few years with different decos.

Does anyone know if the gun turrets of the battlepacks fit with the Crumb bomber???

Best regards Steven

I stand corrected from my 2011 post. They never did repaint this ship as I had expected them too. But then again in 2011, I didn't expect Hasbro to abandon TCW to the extent that they did in 2012. At least there was one more gunship made, even if it didn't have the closed doors.

but to answer your question. Based on the Photo Archive, it does appear that the gun turrets do fit on the Crumb bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzatheHut View Post
    Both Gunships, the Crumb Bomber and Lucky Lekku, came and went fairly quickly at their repective retailers.

As Cyclone mentioned, the Crumb Bomber retailed for $80, but the enhancements to the vehicle helped take the sting out of the price for many collectors.

The Lucky Lekku was $50 at Wal-Mart. I drug my feet on this one as long as I could, hoping for some kind of pricing assistance. Once I saw a local store with two remaining on the shelf, I grabbed it, remembering how I regretted not buying the black & white CW Gunship, only to watch the secondary market price soar.
    Just reading about a $50 gunship makes me want to cry. Especially the Lucky Lekku, which is quickly becoming in my mind a "classic" gunship.
    I have 320 figures. Someone please stop me! <-- No one stopped me.
    I am a ridiculous, amateurish, silly Star Wars collector. If you don't believe me,
    read my comic: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1088712/
    or view my limelighting thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1087657/

I'd love to see a few more gunships made. They're pretty sharp.

I was able to get two over the past year. And I upgraded the most recent release TVC TRU Gunship with doors.

I count three Republic Attack Shuttles, three gunships, and two Y-wings, two fighter tanks. Sweet! Your airspace is secure.
    I have 320 figures. Someone please stop me! <-- No one stopped me.
    I am a ridiculous, amateurish, silly Star Wars collector. If you don't believe me,
    read my comic: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1088712/
    or view my limelighting thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1087657/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast