Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Ben's Star Wars room

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Awesome Mace Windu shelf as well! I also own two of the Jedi females from your bottom shelf. I get the thought process behind the Qui Gon, when he did the Jedi mindtrick to Boss Nass and tried it on Watto. But yes, it also reminds one of something else. The Padme likeness is horrible, she looks a cute Latino doing cosplay and nothing like the actress.
    Thanks.
    The Padme likeness is not there for sure but her lack of arms bothers me even more.

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    Thanks.
    The Padme likeness is not there for sure but her lack of arms bothers me even more.
    I know what you mean. Although the likeness on the Mace Windu arm-less mini bust was pretty good, looking at the mini bust always drove me nuts. To me he looked as if he was screaming in pain because his arms had just been chopped off. It was such a relief when they came up with the Mace Windu with arms!
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I know what you mean. Although the likeness on the Mace Windu arm-less mini bust was pretty good, looking at the mini bust always drove me nuts. To me he looked as if he was screaming in pain because his arms had just been chopped off. It was such a relief when they came up with the Mace Windu with arms!
    Ironically, it looked like Mace when Darth Sidious cuts his arm off LOL. Which was some major foreshadowing since these were released for AOTC. Makes you wonder if Lucas saw that bust and said "Hmmm..."
    He's no good to me dead!

Both Mace busts have been some of GG's best sculpting work...they really look like Sam Jackson! You just never know what to expect with a GG human bust. It could come out great like Mace, Queen Amidala, Dooku, Tarkin OR it could wind up like slave Leia, Jedi Luke II, AOTC Padme, Bespin Han.

They also did rather well with both EP IV Ben mini busts. But yes. All the ones you've mentioned as lacking likeness did leave a bit to wish for. And speaking of likeness, I sure hope the Bespin Leia mini bust coming up remains faithful to the promo sample. A little mess up with the way her eyes are looking (her pupils) and the bust could be ruined. Fingers crossed.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263