Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Herbs Collection

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    They all look great, I especially like the Marmit Sandtroopers..., did you get them when they were originally made or after market i.e. ebay??? I am just wondering as I haven't found many Marmit figures around & know from Sergiu that the company went bust.

& with regards to clones, technically speaking Captain Rex falls into the Vader category doesn't he??? He is Anakin's right hand man in the Clone Wars after all.
    Thanks for the compliments. The Marmits were bought on eBay around the time they were available to buy in shops.
    The orange one was mint in box, and the white one came loose fully assembled. The Marmits are fragile and not as articulated as SSC or HT, but i think their overall appearance visually is far better than Sideshows (imo).
    Sideshows Sandtroopers are highly detailed...the pauldrons look amazing as do the weapons/armour...but the deal breaker for me is the awful helmets, theres just something off about them compared to Marmits or Gentle Giants sculpt.

As for Rex, i think the Clone Wars are really cool, but i like to try n stick to the film saga characters

Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. The Marmits were bought on eBay around the time they were available to buy in shops.
    The orange one was mint in box, and the white one came loose fully assembled. The Marmits are fragile and not as articulated as SSC or HT, but i think their overall appearance visually is far better than Sideshows (imo).
    Sideshows Sandtroopers are highly detailed...the pauldrons look amazing as do the weapons/armour...but the deal breaker for me is the awful helmets, theres just something off about them compared to Marmits or Gentle Giants sculpt.

As for Rex, i think the Clone Wars are really cool, but i like to try n stick to the film saga characters
    I'm not overly fond of Sideshow's 1:6 scale Stormtroopers or Sandtroopers & with regards to the helmets, I think they poke out too much at the sides, not sure why they did that really as the premium format statue looks ok (as long as you ignore the ovalness of the helmet of course)..., the 1:6 scale figures have poorly fitting armor in my opinion, not sure why they did such a bad job seeing as the clones are all fine?!?
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Thought i'd add some pics of Lord Tyranus on Sideshows Imperial throne environment.

The Hasbro Dooku still holds up really well in terms of likeness, the accessories and articulation, well...they are not so good.

this is great
    My collection
    "There is allways a bigger fish" Qui Gon Jinn

Sorry to hijack your thread but i was gonna show this in the recent aqisitions thread and saw u guys talking about ssc droping the ball on the sith. Im not about to wait around for ssc to make my favorite characters.

Both are very much still WIP

Well done! Both figures look fantastic even if they are WIP. They'd certainly fit in and not look out of place with the SSC line.
    Please post some more pics when you complete them.

well done, nice work
    My collection

Thought I'd dig Vader out his cardboard coffin for some fresh photos with the Marmit sandies.
    I'm using a Hasbro dome on Vaders helmet, i didn't like the SSC dome it seemed kinda small...i also prefer the shoulder armour over the robes...so being accurate to ANH specifically isn't important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    Thought I'd dig Vader out his cardboard coffin for some fresh photos with the Marmit sandies.
    I'm using a Hasbro dome on Vaders helmet, i didn't like the SSC dome it seemed kinda small...i also prefer the shoulder armour over the robes...so being accurate to ANH specifically isn't important to me.
    That's a very nice looking Darth Vader figure, the changes you've made have certainly given the figure a better presence..., I think I prefer the shoulder armor over the robes too, on show is how it should be.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

great photos
    My collection

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast