Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ewoks Identification...

Ewoks Identification...

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but I thought it would be cool to have a visual reference for which actors played which Ewoks in ROTJ. I know there's LOTS more, but here's a start, and I'll update this post with additions as we go along.

Wicket W. Warrick
    Warwick Davis

Paploo
    Kenny Baker

Teebo
    Jack Purvis

Logray
    Mike Edmonds

Romba
    Debbie Lee Carrington

Chief Chirpa
    Jane Busby

Baby Ewok (puppet)
    Mike Quinn

Little Kiran

From Mr.T's discussion w/ Kiran Shah at recent Starmania event (thanks also to captsithpark!): "Kiran worked at Elstree performing many stunts for various Ewoks. He did not portray one specific Ewok, he wore several costumes, performing mainly falls and drops from height. He worked on the Paploo speeder bike scene for Kenny Baker, hanging from the inverted bike to simulate Paploo being sweept along at speed hanging on for his life (not sure if this means Kenny didn't do any of the bike parts or not) He did not perform any Ewok Hang Glider stunts as these were done at ILM and he did not travel to the USA for the movie. We spoke about the confusion that often arises between him and Deep Roy, he confirmed that Deep Roy did work as an Ewok on Jedi, with him during the studio filming at Elstree..."

from Kronet: "He [Shah] did go on to say he played many ewoks and did stunts which would correspond with what Boba_T said earlier."

from Bendu: "I just read a snippet of info from the Special Edition add ons. Where Tony Cox is credited with the Bike stunt and that it was filmed at ILM. Shah claims the same stunt.....my best guess is there were 2 shoots, one on location be it Elstree or among the Redwoods and the second back at ILM with Lydia Green and Tony Cox. Kenny was there for the blue screen shoot but his grip on the handlebars could not hold him, so a stunt ewok(s) was used for the blue screen shoot."

Sal Fondacaro
    ...Thanks Master_M_M!!!

Glider Ewok
    I thought Felix Silla was the glider Ewok, but then Lydia Green signed my Ewoks CS piece with "Glider Ewok" under her name... does anyone know for sure?

From Bendu: and while everyone seems to love taking credit as a Glider Ewok, the only actors at ILM for the blue screen Glider scenes according to the call sheets and The Making of Jedi Book are Kenny Baker, Tony Cox, Jack Purvis and Kenny's stunt double a little person named Green. No idea if it's Lydia or Lars, but one of the Greens was a stunt ewok. Kenny, Carole Morris and the same "Green" were used at ILM the day before to shoot the Speeder bike stunt. Take that as you may.

From captsithpark: I was able to have Rich recently aquire a sig. from Felix Silla (at the Chicagoland event Sept. 10) I had not heard of all of the statements vying for ownership of the hang-gliding Ewok though .. (w/ the thought that Silla had filmed the rock-dropping sequence) I had Rich ask a few Q's of Felix - He stated that yes, he was in Crescent City as well as blue screen work, which was done in CA. He said he was also in England for costume fittings

Felix Silla
    from Bendu: This is a shot Felix had years ago and I haven't seen since. With his type of dwarfism, the size of his hands compared to other little people, they are more in scale with his body. Add to that, the fact that he was wearing the same pinky ring as shown in the photo, when I spoke with him... I have no doubts about this Ewok being him.

Maternal Ewok
    Katie Purvis

Nicki the Ewok / cartwheel Ewok...
    Nicholas Read

Ewok Spearman (right)
    Kevin Thompson

Lydia Green (?), Tony Cox (?)
    from captsithpark: Lydia Green and Tony Cox swung with Chewie and are in the At-At Walker's cockpit with him

Ewok hammering AT-ST's foot...
    Michael Gilden

Dead Ewok / ...in costume
    Phil Fondacaro

Tokkat the Ewok
    Margo Apostolos

From eng621: Margo Apostolos grabbed Han's gun from him.

Maroon-hooded Ewok
    Ray Armstrong

(Thanks captsithpark!)

Ewok with Horn / Swinging Ewok
    Peter Burroughs

...Thanks Jedibill!

from Kronet: I spoke with him [Burroughs] at Starmania and he told me he was the ewok who toots the horn and the one who swings through the village in the scene right after (or before, can't remember).

Lumat (L) / Warok (R)
    Mike Cottrell and Malcolm Dixon???

from Bendu: Mike Cottrell and Malcolm Dixon were both among the first hired Ewoks and listed in the film credits seperate from the extra Ewoks .....they are very likely the costumed named Ewoks used for Figures in the old Kenner toy line, Lumat and Warok

Also- Kevin Thompson signed my SW Chronicles book as "swinging Ewok"... I'll see if I can find a reference picture. Any help much appreciated and thanks!

Re: Ewoks Identification...

Maternal Ewok
    Katie Purvis

and while everyone seems to love taking credit as a Glider Ewok, the only actors at ILM for the blue screen Glider scenes according to the call sheets and The Making of Jedi Book are Kenny Baker, Tony Cox, Jack Purvis and Kenny's stunt double a little person named Green. No idea if it's Lydia or Lars, but one of the Greens was a stunt ewok.

Kenny, Carole Morris and the same "Green" were used at ILM the day before to shoot the Speeder bike stunt.

Take that as you may.
    No matter where you go...there you are!
    There can be only One!

Cool idea, I'll sit down with them at Starmania and see if I can work out who was who etc.
    Le Mullet - it sounds *****r in French!

'UNDERGROUND - 25 Years in the Labyrinth' - Coming Soon

Here is a picture of the Ewok Nicki played by Nicholas Read. He is the small Ewok at the back of the crowd jumping for a better view. I got this TTM.
    Impressive. Most Impressive.

Phil Fondacaro was the dead ewok.
    Ackbar1138: "The Prequels are better than the OT"

Quote Originally Posted by darthlumbar
    I thought Felix Silla was the glider Ewok, but then Lydia Green signed my Ewoks CS piece with "Glider Ewok" under her name... does anyone know for sure?
    I was able to have Rich recently aquire a sig. from Felix Silla (at the Chicagoland event Sept. 10)
    I had not heard of all of the statements vying for ownership of the hang-gliding Ewok though .. (w/ the thought that Silla had filmed the rock-dropping sequence) I had Rich ask a few Q's of Felix - He stated that yes, he was in Crescent City as well as blue screen work, which was done in CA. He said he was also in England for costume fittings

I've been keeping 'Ewok' notes: (I'll add more as well as pics to EA. L8r)

This thread/list might grow to have a lot of uncertain info but it's a good
    basis to go from

I believe there are 73 Ewok performers so this thread ought to be fun ...

- Kevin Thompson was the Ewok spearman pictured in the CCG set (pic from the CCG card below)

I believe Decipher PS'd the Ewok image (above) from this screen capture (during this sequence below) and added in their own background .. several images in their set were like this

- Lydia Green and Tony Cox swung with Chewie and are in the Scout
    Walker's cockpit with him

- Michael Gilden is the lone Ewok who is hammering the AT-ST Walker's foot (deceased)
    .... "And you call yourselves Human"

Quote Originally Posted by halfpint
    Here is a picture of the Ewok Nicki played by Nicholas Read
    It's interesting that in the names listed in the film's credits (under the 'Ewok' heading) he is listed, Nicholas Read - but earlier on in the roll call (under 'Supporting Cast') the character 'Nicki' has the name Nicki Reade beside it .. What's w/ the 2 diff. versions?
    .... "And you call yourselves Human"

Margo Apostolos grabbed Han's gun from him.

All good stuff guys... I might get screen caps for some of these scenes as we go along. Keep the info coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captsithpark
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpint
    Here is a picture of the Ewok Nicki played by Nicholas Read
    It's interesting that in the names listed in the film's credits (under the 'Ewok' heading) he is listed, Nicholas Read - but earlier on in the roll call (under 'Supporting Cast') the character 'Nicki' has the name Nicki Reade beside it .. What's w/ the 2 diff. versions?
    Reade was just a kid at the time not much older than Warwick, hence they became firm friends on set. Nicki was just his shortened name from Nicholas and subsequently the name adopted for the ewok character he played.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast