Thread: Han Solo Hoth Mini-Bust #2

Han Solo Hoth Mini-Bust #2

Continued from previous thread.

Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Re: Han Solo Hoth Mini-Bust #2

finally got around to opening mine...in perfect condition and #100 is in the house. Very nice bust.

So the antennas on this thing....I know it really doesn't matter which side you put them in, but just curious what everyone did. I put mine opposite then the picture above. Looks like on the back of the GG box they are reversed, so that's the way I am going.

I know...so Trivial...but we seem to be a trivial bunch, so I thought I would throw it out there!!
    All I need to do is beat you by one...you know who you are!!

#166 finally arrived. I am very happy I got the blue one.
    There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient.
    My Feedback!

Good news, sounds like I'll be getting a replacement from GG soon.

One minor quibble I have--the packaging says he was "promoted to the rank of Captain"--is this another bit of EU nonsense? He's called CAPTAIN because he's a shipmaster. He introduces himself as such to Ben and Luke ("Han Solo, Captain of the Millennium Falcon...").

He holds no formal rank in the Rebellion, as far as I'm concerned, until ROTJ. The "Captain" designation (which both Vader and Fett use as well, in Empire--and they certainly wouldn't bother with Rebel ranks) is completely about him captaining the Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001

One minor quibble I have--the packaging says he was "promoted to the rank of Captain"--is this another bit of EU nonsense? He's called CAPTAIN because he's a shipmaster. He introduces himself as such to Ben and Luke ("Han Solo, Captain of the Millennium Falcon...").

He holds no formal rank in the Rebellion, as far as I'm concerned, until ROTJ. The "Captain" designation (which both Vader and Fett use as well, in Empire--and they certainly wouldn't bother with Rebel ranks) is completely about him captaining the Falcon.
    It could be both. Obviously he's captain of the Falcon but he may have been given the rank of captain within the rebellion. It looks like he's wearing some kind of rank badge on this bust.
    Become a fan of my artwork on facebook.

"It's a volcanic planet. You'll be safe there. LOL" - General Grievous, master of dark humor

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001

It could be both. Obviously he's captain of the Falcon but he may have been given the rank of captain within the rebellion. It looks like he's wearing some kind of rank badge on this bust.
    He's wearing something, I'll grant you--but does it look like any other kind of Rebel rank badge you see anywhere else in SW or ESB? It's got to be something else. For all we know that's a pin for his favorite video game character.

I checked mine out also and it is broken in the same place.
    ''Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
    my feedback
    "What is considered from a GG's point of view "near future"? " -- LightSword 07/08/13

Quote Originally Posted by vader2001
    I checked mine out also and it is broken in the same place.
    Call customer service at GG.

Blue Han arrived here in the UK yesterday, looks super.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast