Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1512

Thread: 12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Line General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BosskHasManners View Post
    Posts about the line going dead have been going on for all the time I've posted here----and the more time that goes by, the funnier they sound to me when I read them.
    That is true, but I would say that just makes it more likely that it really is dead this time. The line seemed to be struggling even under Gentle Giant, and when a company is acquired, the acquiring company generally wants to cut out waste and discontinue underperforming products. It's really a shame that we probably won't ever get the Jumbo Jabba they showed off, since I was really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Jabba View Post
    That is true, but I would say that just makes it more likely that it really is dead this time. The line seemed to be struggling even under Gentle Giant, and when a company is acquired, the acquiring company generally wants to cut out waste and discontinue underperforming products. It's really a shame that we probably won't ever get the Jumbo Jabba they showed off, since I was really looking forward to it.
    "Maybe." - DJ

Hello everyone,

long time time registered lurker, I recently got back into collecting figures after a long "hiatus".

I have been offered this loose Jumbo Vader by another collector and was wondering if experts could kindly confirm it is legit.

It is missing it's cape obviously and the collector told me it was a factory sample.

I have never owned, seen or handled a Gentle Giant jumbo figure so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the pictures I have been sent :

Many thanks in advance.

Hi HDPE, does the seller have any provenance of this being an actual factory sample? Otherwise it goes from interesting (factory sample) to spare parts (regular production run but missing the cape, card and case). If they can't provide documentation on how they acquired a factory sample, you have to rely on their word. If it's someone with a long history of good trades or sales that holds much more weight than a random seller that you don't know. Looking at the piece on its own it could be either.
    Last edited by skywalker1973; 03-29-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker1973 View Post
    Hi HDPE, does the seller have any provenance of this being an actual factory sample? Otherwise it goes from interesting (factory sample) to spare parts (regular production run but missing the cape, card and case). If they can't provide documentation on how they acquired a factory sample, you have to rely on their word. If it's someone with a long history of good trades or sales that holds much more weight than a random seller that you don't know. Looking at the piece on its own it could be either.
    Hi mate, thanks for the reply. No the seller hasn't provided any documentation proving it's an actual factory sample. I had to rely on his words. I actually used this "against" him to negotiate what I considered a fair price and ended up buying it.

Looks like a Jumbo Bib this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pqweeduk View Post
    Looks like a Jumbo Bib this summer.
    His robe looks awesome!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

I'm strongly considering taking on a big project: Upscaling the Death Star Space Station to Jumbo scale, building it from scratch or maybe using a 3D printer. Mainly because I want to make the trash compactor and fill it with my Gentle Giant Dianoga and foam. I already have the figures to put in there. I recall someone on here was working on such a project already...was it gijigsaw? My question is, if I measure the dimensions of the original Death Star Playset, what would I need to multiply the measurements by to upscale to the 12" jumbos? Thinking about it now, perhaps this is too big a project, lol. I would need a lot of display space. At the very least I would like to make the orange compactor though.

Simple math for you: if the original figures are standardised at 3 3/4" tall and you want to upscale to 12"... take 12, divide by 3.75 and you get 3.2. That's your multiplication factor for upscaling. So a scaled Death Star playset would come in around 72"tall, or 6 foot. That's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. If you can get it made by Christmas and install some red and green LEDs into it, you can tell the family it's your new Christmas Tree It's about the right dimensions.
    "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Thanks, Dax. Yeah I guess it was simpler math than I thought. 6 foot might be too high though so I may just shoot for the compactor. Plus I dont have a lot of Imperial figures to display on the other levels anyway.

Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152 LastLast