Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamorrean Guard - VC21

Re: Gamorrean Guard

SA and shorter legs with a bigger belly and head and he should be perfect (a pike and the axe for sure and maybe throw in a hood for good measure)!
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

I've sworn off modern SW figures from now on, but a Gamorrean Guard would be worthy of a purchase!
    The Death Star plans are NOT in the main computer!

I might consider this one if it has a different weapon from the POTF2 one, which is still one of my favourite figures today

I'd be all over these guys, especially if there was a running change of color scheme and weapons.

DF
    He's no good to me dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1978
    I hate the next couple of year type answer
    Agreed. Right now, I can't say for sure if I'll even be collecting in two years. A few more OT waves like the '08 ROTJ wave and the first '09 ESB wave and I'll be done for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfLunchBox
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1978
    I hate the next couple of year type answer
    Agreed. Right now, I can't say for sure if I'll even be collecting in two years. A few more OT waves like the '08 ROTJ wave and the first '09 ESB wave and I'll be done for sure.
    I agree. There is only so many OT figures that can be made. Once they get finished with Jabba's group, I think they'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

DF
    He's no good to me dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFett13
    I agree. There is only so many OT figures that can be made.
    Then we don't agree. I think there are dozens of OT figures that need to be updated, but for whatever reason, Hasbro is dead set on holding back on them while releasing questionable choices (sandstorm figures, frigate figures) instead. With every passing OT wave that these figures don't get addressed, my enthusiasm for the hobby wanes.

Common sense dictates that Hasbro is holding back on some of these updates so they don't burn out the OT line by 2018, but at the same time, I can't imagine collecting for 9 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfLunchBox
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFett13
    I agree. There is only so many OT figures that can be made.
    Then we don't agree. I think there are dozens of OT figures that need to be updated, but for whatever reason, Hasbro is dead set on holding back on them while releasing questionable choices (sandstorm figures, frigate figures) instead. With every passing OT wave that these figures don't get addressed, my enthusiasm for the hobby wanes.

Common sense dictates that Hasbro is holding back on some of these updates so they don't burn out the OT line by 2018, but at the same time, I can't imagine collecting for 9 more years.
    Ummm, right. That's what I meant.

Is 2018 the end of the contract for them? I too can't imagine collecting for that much longer, but seeing how I've only been in the hobby for a couple of years, I guess it's more of a "wait-and-see" kind of thing.

Now, in my own defense, I did mean there are only a number of new OT characters that can be made, not ones that just need to be updated. Sure updated figures are great, but I'm getting tired of buy the same character over and over because Hasbro can't get it right the first time.

I'm looking at you DSII Luke.

DF
    He's no good to me dead.

Really, this one should be ok I think - I mean, what could they possibly do to ruin him?
    Let's see:

*tiny head?
    *no ankle joints?
    *angle cut elbows?
    *wrong colour shade of green for the skin tone; ie - way too light?
    *only one weapon?
    *an SG lower garment that resembles a fluffy brown tutu???

..I'm betting they do one of these things.
    _________
    "..don't call me a mindless philosopher - you overweight glob of grease!!"

Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast