Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder

Re: New Rebel Snowspeeder in development

Quote Originally Posted by M_Kunst

I think that is what makes collecting as an adult so fun becuase you get to get all the stuff you didn't get to get as a kid but always wanted.
    Amen; thats mostly why I collect. I grew up in the drought of the mid and late nineties before Hasbro got its game together. As a kid I always wanted a Y-wing and a Tie Bomber but didn't get one until Wal-mart released it years later. If I had gotten those two as a kid I might not be collecting today.
    Satellite Communications and Transmission Systems Journeyman
    Voice and Data Systems Auxiliarist
    USAF

"Evacuate in our moment of triumph, I think you overestimate their chances"

There was no such thing as a vintage TIE bomber dude! The production of childhood wished-for items in the early years made it even better. But the T-16 remains a rather odd choice.
    Big Sith Infiltrator for 2012!

I'm just about to open up the last Snowspeeder for display, maybe I should hold off for the better version. I'd like to see what Hasbro could do with a new version.

I woud only really be interested if it included a pilot, but since it isnt, Im out! However maybe its release will make it likely that Luke Snowspeeder is released individually at the same time? That would make sense. Fingers crossed.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator
    and it'll be nice to finally have a proper cockpit area for the pilot, rather than the still-vintage "lay down & look up, with the only controls at your feet" version.
    Besides, Hasbro can look up the technical blueprint shown in the Art of TESB as reference. The way of the rebel pilot figures are articulated can practically be reproduced in the seating manner for the real vehicle now.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I had one as a kid. I wanted one when Hasbro first released one but didn't get it because of the inacurate harpoon cannon. But my girlfriend at the time did get me one for christmas that year. I'm not happy with the current snowspeeders so I was hoping the big H was going to get around to doing a correct scale speeder.

And thankfully they are, so now I can get a few to go into my Hoth Hangar dio that I'm gonna build for my BMF.

I just hope it doesnt make the snowspeeders I already own look ridiculous.

Id be up for a unique speeder that's NOT Rogue Leader's or Rogue Two's.
    EU= fanfic

I'm sure that the major selling point to the bean-counters at Hasbro was the ability to paint it as different snowspeeders ("Hey kids, this one is Luke's and this one is Zev's... buy them both!").

The old snowspeeder doesn't seem SO big that a correct scale version will make it look bad. The only one that will look silly is the original re-release with the gigantic harpoon gun. But that already looks silly now that I'm looking at it.
    "Look at the size of that thing!"

It's good to see more OT vehicles being considered for those that want more, & for those that don't have these particular vehicles yet, but I'm quite happy with my Rogue2 snowspeeder.

I'm not particularly interested in doubling up on larger items, my goal is to have at least one great vehicle per movie - although I'll probably end up with five different vehicles for Ep4. Actually, a couple of Endor speederbikes may be the exception to my doubling up rule, we'll see.
    _________
    "..don't call me a mindless philosopher - you overweight glob of grease!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk
    I just hope it doesnt make the snowspeeders I already own look ridiculous.

Regardless, it will still make the AT-AT look ridiculous.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast