Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jar Jar Binks - MH13

Jar Jar Binks - MH13

It's confirmed from the C5 floor that Jar Jar Binks will be coming out in the vintage line next year.

I'm sure this one will be a bit polarizing, so what do you think about this release?
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Re: Jar Jar Binks - VC**

Like him or not, this guy deserved a nice upgrade. He's one of the main characters in TPM and therefore deserves a great figure to be made. Hasbro's track record with alien figures is pretty phenomenal, so I am betting this figure will not disappoint once he's unveiled to us.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

Ugh! I guess it was technically in need of an upgrade, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy this figure (or any TPM figures for that matter).
    Clone Wars Microseries (2003-2005) > The Clone Wars (2008-present)

Ah a perfect start to the thread, and just what I expected.

I agree with Darth Brett that this figure was sorely needing an upgrade, and this is the perfect place for a release. We haven't seen a new Jar Jar since POTJ days, so most of the older Jar Jar figures are more in line with Kenner figures than the current standard, so, he does need an upgrade.

As for Episode I in general, I completely disagree, most all of the figures from that film sorely need an upgrade, as, like Jar Jar, they are from the POTF2 time frame, and are just completely out of date with the modern line, 6 POA, poor detail, over-scale, etc. etc. etc. If they did a some modern sculpts on the Naboo guards, soldiers and pilots, I bet they'd look superb, and would be good sellers - same with some of the early Jedi Council members.

'78

I gotta agree with Brett; it's time for a new Jar Jar. Like him or not, he exists, and there isn't a version of him that could be called modern. I'd snap up a new one in a second, and I don't have any particular fondness for hime even.
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

I wouldn't mind an updated senator version as well, both TPM and AOTC versions have been long overdue so I'm glad one is on the way.

I just hope they really nail this guy so that we can buy it once then never speak of him again.

Nah, can't have that, as the stupidly pre-posed AOTC version needs an upgrade, and ROTS was never done.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1978

As for Episode I in general, I completely disagree, most all of the figures from that film sorely need an upgrade, as, like Jar Jar, they are from the POTF2 time frame, and are just completely out of date with the modern line, 6 POA, poor detail, over-scale, etc. etc. etc. If they did a some modern sculpts on the Naboo guards, soldiers and pilots, I bet they'd look superb, and would be good sellers - same with some of the early Jedi Council members.

'78
    I don't deny that the 1999 Episode 1 figures are outdated. I just can't understand why anybody would want to buy figures from such an awful movie, particularly a character as annoying and stupid as Jar Jar Binks.
    Clone Wars Microseries (2003-2005) > The Clone Wars (2008-present)

'Cuz it's Star Wars!

I mean... come on! We're the dudes who bought Yarna and Willrow Hood!
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast