Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jar Jar Binks - MH13

Re: Jar Jar Binks - VC**

It's all part of the bigger saga - and frankly some of the designs, and look of Episode I were really appealing. Believe me, I love my OT, it's what I grew up with, I remember walking out of the theater in 1999 feeling cheated, but alas, after ten plus years, that feeling has faded, and now it's just part of the bigger picture.

So I for one would welcome a lot of those upgrades, and am anxious to see Jar Jar upgraded to the same level that they've achieved on Ackbar, the G. Guard, etc.

I guess I could ask you the same thing about Admiral Screed... Why would anyone want anything from the dorky cartoons or the Ewok movies or any of the post ROTJ EU dreck....

Just my take....

'78
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret
    'Cuz it's Star Wars!

I mean... come on! We're the dudes who bought Yarna and Willrow Hood!
    Not all of us bought Willrow Hood...

And despite Yarna and Willrow being weird background characters, at least they were from good movies. I can't say the same thing for Jar Jar.
    Clone Wars Microseries (2003-2005) > The Clone Wars (2008-present)

Quote Originally Posted by Since1978
    It's all part of the bigger saga - and frankly some of the designs, and look of Episode I were really appealing. Believe me, I love my OT, it's what I grew up with, I remember walking out of the theater in 1999 feeling cheated, but alas, after ten plus years, that feeling has faded, and now it's just part of the bigger picture.

So I for one would welcome a lot of those upgrades, and am anxious to see Jar Jar upgraded to the same level that they've achieved on Ackbar, the G. Guard, etc.

I guess I could ask you the same thing about Admiral Screed... Why would anyone want anything from the dorky cartoons or the Ewok movies or any of the post ROTJ EU dreck....

Just my take....

'78
    I guess that's one way of looking at it, but I'm still not completely sold. The only TPM characters that really interest me are the villains.

And no, Admiral Screed was not from a dorky TV series. I happen to really like "Droids." Besides, I'm sure a lot of people would take an Admiral Screed figure over a Jar Jar Binks.

Very well put!

Screed... you didn't buy Willrow? He's good custom fodder at the very least! Plus, now I get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I see that split second of him running through the halls of Cloud City...
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Jean Grey, Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Nah, can't have that, as the stupidly pre-posed AOTC version needs an upgrade, and ROTS was never done.
    I would like to see a senate version, but if they never do the ROTS one, I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Brett
    Like him or not, this guy deserved a nice upgrade. He's one of the main characters in TPM and therefore deserves a great figure to be made.
    What is this world coming to when I find myself agreeing with this statement
    "That Mando pack is so higgledy piggledy.."
    -VintijDroidGutzz

See> even those of us with a deep seeded hate for Jar Jar still want a new figure...

He should totally have a removable tongue or something, too!
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Jean Grey, Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Awesome!! He's much needed of an upgrade like previously stated. I grew up with the PT, and I feel that TPM is the most ignored when it comes to figures by Hasbro. IMO Episode 1 is my favorite of the saga. Bring on some more TPM figures!
    Surviving as a Mechanical Engineering Student is no easy task. My last semester is flying by!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret
    See> even those of us with a deep seeded hate for Jar Jar still want a new figure...

He'll make a great punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJack
    Nah, can't have that, as the stupidly pre-posed AOTC version needs an upgrade, and ROTS was never done.
    I would like to see a senate version, but if they never do the ROTS one, I'm fine with that.
    I agree - was mostly giving you a hard time about the whole "never" statement. The AOTC version is needed, but the ROTS would be a bonus if they did it - heck, I don't even know what the costume looks like as you hardly saw it during the film - and guess that the funeral version was the same as the senate version at the beginning.

Not that important!

'78
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast