Page 1 of 1070 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

AMC\'s The Walking Dead

***CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES***

Robert Kirkman's amazing zombie-apocolyptic tale of survival and human nature, or lack there of, comes to life in AMC's new original series.

"This is a story about a group of people trying to survive difficult to impossible circumstances. The world has changed and they need to figure out how to survive it. But they need to figure out how to survive one another." -Frank Darabont

Days Gone Bye Full Episode:http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-W...d=659216515001

Executive Producers
    Robert Kirkman
    Frank Darabont
    Gale Anne Hurd

Visual Effects
    Greg Nicotero

Composer
    Bear McCreary

Cast:
    Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
    Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes
    Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
    Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale
    Jon Bernthal as Shane
    Laurie Holden as Andrea
    Steven Yeun as Glenn
    Robert Singleton as T-Dog
    Lennie James as Morgan Jones
    Jim Coleman as Lambert "Lam" Kendel
    Michael Rooker as Merle Dixon
    Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon
    Linds Edwards as Leon Basset
    Emma Bell as Amy
    Keith Allen Hayes as Tyreese
    Adrian Kali Turner as Duane Jones
    Melissa Suzanne Mcbride as Carol
    Jeryl Prescott as Jacqui

More Facts:
    -*Season 2 has been confirmed and will include 13 episodes.
    -Robert Kirkman wrote Episode 1.4.
    -It will be released in 250 million households, 120 countries and 30 languages in October.
    -Michone to possibly be introduced in Season 2.
    -Darabont and Hurd looking at releasing the 90-minute pilot in an alternate B&W format on DVD.

Whenever there's a question about zombie behavior I go back to Night of the Living Dead. Here's my favorite thing: the endless debate among the fans about how fast a zombie can move. There are the folks who just can't stand seeing zombies running. I'm kind of in that camp, but if you look at the very first zombie in Night - the one in the cemetery chasing Barbara, he gets up to a pretty good jog. I'm keying our zombie behavior off of that film: Whether they're in a very languid state or they're on the attack, they'll move no faster than that first zombie in Night of the Living Dead. -Frank Darabont

The Walking Dead Season 1 Plot Synopsis WARNING: MILD SPOILERS

1.01Days Gone Bye
    Rick searches for his family after emerging from a coma into a world terrorized by the walking dead. Morgan and Duane, whom he meets along the way, help teach Rick the new rules for survival.

1.02 Guts
    Rick unknowingly causes a group of survivors to be trapped by walkers. The group dynamic devolves from accusations to violence, as Rick must confront an enemy far more dangerous than the undead.

1.03 Tell it to the Frogs
    Rick makes a decision to go back to Atlanta to retrieve the bag of guns and save a manís life. Lori and Shane must deal with the surprising return of someone they thought was dead.

1.04 Vatos
    Rickís mission to Atlanta is jeopardized when things go awry. Jim becomes unhinged in camp.

1.05 Wildfire
    Rick leads the group to the CDC after the attack. Jim must make a terrible life and death decision.

1.06 TS-19
    Rick and the group are allowed into the CDC, by a strange doctor. But all is not what it seems in their newfound haven.

You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Re: AMC\'s The Walking Dead

whoa, whoa, whoa

what??, Walking Dead on AMC? wouldn't it make more sense to have it on HBO. Think about it The censors could not hold back the uber-violence of Zombies
    If you must Blink. Do it now.
    PSN: andosman33

"Master of Hidden and Ambiguous Sarcasm"

Looking forward to this

FCC has no jurisdiction over cable channels (even basic) Any censoring basic cable channels do is self policing. AMC is home to Mad Men and Breaking Bad so language, [censored], violence aren't exactly unheard of. Basic cable is making some of the best, mature shows lately.

Looks like it should be good. I'm currently reading through the hardcover collections and loving it.
    "I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss

You can never have too many zombie movies and now, tv shows.

Looks really good. October? Come on!
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

I'm pretty excited about this show. I've kept up with the comic since issue #1, and there are some great promo photos of the cast in character (and some zombie photos) in the new issue (#75).

I am glad AMC has a cool site with a constantly updated blog.

I can wait for this to arrive. I've been slowly making my way through the trades and I'm loving it. I remember the first solicitation I saw for this in Previews and thought "just what we need, another stupid zombie book", boy was I wrong. This is one of the best rollercoaster read out there and I hope the do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAndosMan
    whoa, whoa, whoa

what??, Walking Dead on AMC? wouldn't it make more sense to have it on HBO. Think about it The censors could not hold back the uber-violence of Zombies
    I highly encourage you to check out the links and listen to the Comic Con Walking Dead discussion panel... I'm sure all of your concern will vanish.

I literally have not been this excited for anything on TV since I was under 10 years old! I'm stupid giddy!!!!
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Good thread to start.
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

the preview at sdcc was great. i cant wait for this show. i really like amc pushing some great shows out, madmen, breaking bad, this one. glad i dont have to pay extra money to watch an decent adult show not on hbo.

Page 1 of 1070 12311511015011001 ... LastLast