Page 1229 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 22972911291179121912271228122912301231 LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,290 of 12308

Thread: Jabba's Sail Barge

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    I agree. Adam Pawlus has been dropping reasonably poorly-disguised hints to this effect in his weekly Q&A column. As an industry insider he would be in the know but unable to break any confidentiality. That's the way I read a lot of his recent commentary, anyway.
    Hints that Hasbro is going to be done or that they’ll renew?

Given that I returned to collecting 3.75" Hasbro this year after 15 years away I'd be somewhat gutted if Hasbro gave up the license next year.

I would have thought an announcement is being kept back until after the release of TROS in case it affects it in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight07 View Post
    Hints that Hasbro is going to be done or that they’ll renew?
    Sounds like end of an era to me, but I may be reading between the lines too much.
    May you live in interesting times.

I would consider going the custom route for some of the pieces I still want if Hasbro were to lose their license.

Does anyone know if the Barge is safe for kids to play with? My four year old wants to play with her Sylvanian Families figures on the Barge. I know it says 14 up but I wondered if that was just because it's an adult collectible or if there's some genuine safety reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrit View Post
    Does anyone know if the Barge is safe for kids to play with? My four year old wants to play with her Sylvanian Families figures on the Barge. I know it says 14 up but I wondered if that was just because it's an adult collectible or if there's some genuine safety reason.
    My kids played with it a little bit, but I was sitting in the room with them. Maybe take off some of the more fragile pieces, like the fins in the back and the sails.

@misterskeezler on Instagram
    Why you slimy, doublecrossin', no-good swindler....
    www.jedidefender.com

Sub-Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight07 View Post
    All good points. I guess ultimately Iím hoping they donít renew for purely selfish reasons: I had no idea in 1995 when I started collecting this line Iíd still be doing it in 2019! Donít get me wrong, I donít regret the stuff Iíve gotten, but Iíd also be okay if some other company took over because then that would give me a good stopping point!
    Agreed,never thought I would think it but I am about done with collecting.Im really looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.Although the lack of product I have been interested in(ST) has made it cheaper over the last few years.After 24 years of collecting I look forward to retirement lol.

Sub-Lieutenant

I know the golden years of Hasbro is behind them and I can’t see them thinking SW sales will be what they once were.Im in the camp that they don’t renew the license and let the rat have it.Hasbro has made some amazing figures,vehicles and play sets,end it on a somewhat high note.

They have made pretty much everything I'd ever want. I'm looking forward to seeing what GTP does with their new Death Star sets and I'd like Hasbro to finish off the Jabba's palace set. A few more modular sets to round that out would be nice. But other than that, I don't really collect anymore. This year it was the skiff's, the skiff 3-pack, Jabba's palace, Luke 3-pack, Han Stormtrooper, and Roge One Stormtroopers. Pretty minimal all things considered.
    ďWhatís a Star War?Ē

Agreed. I just keep picking up stuff as they release it, but if it wete all done, it wouldn't bother me. They're never going to update the ewok village anyway.
    Last edited by Otter; 09-26-2019 at 04:15 AM.
    Wanted to buy (or trade for): Toynami Thundarr the Barbarian: Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla (all three, loose and complete or carded, but figures in NM/M condition). PM me.

Page 1229 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 22972911291179121912271228122912301231 LastLast