Page 1225 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 22572511251175121512231224122512261227 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,250 of 12289

Thread: Jabba's Sail Barge

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    Cookie Monster seemed like a great PR move, as he is a lovable iconic character with few reasons to be doubted (he’s been criticized as a calorie eater, but hey, it’s 2019, and no one is immune to controversy). Unicron also made sense as a grand-scale product for a devoted fan base. Cookie seemed like good change-of-pace choice, and Uni a fair balance for another franchise.

But apparently only a few people truly wanted them. We shouldn’t blame Unicron’s failure just on its short 48-day pledge time; it was massively advertised, with its own special booth at SDCC, and had the whole Takara Tomy team promoting it on social media. People knew about this, and have had plenty of chances to support it.

I don’t think that Hasbro realized what a task it was to fund these at those quotas and prices.
    I think Hasbro did a very poor job in getting the word out about Cookie Monster. I only saw a couple of articles in the mainstream media/internet on the day the project was announced.

But I never would have seen them unless I specifically went looking for them. I really only know about the project because of visiting SW forums, which is not where busy parents are going to be spending a lot of time!

I don't honestly know the best way to market a high-end toy, but it really feels like they did almost nothing. It's shame it's going to come up so very, very short. It does look like a great product for the right audience.

It's failure will probably have a chilling effect on future Haslab projects.
    Last edited by Lance_Quazar; 08-25-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    I think Hasbro did a very poor job in getting the word out about Cookie Monster.

But I never would have seen them unless I specifically went looking for them. I really only know about the project because of visiting SW forums, which is not where busy parents are going to be spending a lot of time!
    The same could be said about the Barge. I didn't find out about it until the campaign was already underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    It's failure will probably have a chilling effect on future Haslab projects.
    The Barge had many buyers buying multiples whether they were collectors or speculators. Would the buying practises within the TF and SS community be the same? If Haslab campaigns are only going to be successful when multiples are purchased by each customer I agree this will have an effect on future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by DTLS View Post
    It really depends on what they try to make, the Tie Fighter was a terrible choice because there's really no point in having a 6" scale one over a 3 3/4" scale one. There's very limited interaction with actual figures and "flying" it is rather difficult as an adult, much less a child.

A Rancor on the other hand would be a very good thing to have in the 6" scale, plenty of opportunity for play interaction with the black series figures and would be at a size/price point to justify the crowd funding aspect.
    Isnt there a 5" scale Rancor coming according to that list Yakface put up?

Quote Originally Posted by eightball View Post
    The same could be said about the Barge. I didn't find out about it until the campaign was already underway.

The Barge had many buyers buying multiples whether they were collectors or speculators. Would the buying practises within the TF and SS community be the same? If Haslab campaigns are only going to be successful when multiples are purchased by each customer I agree this will have an effect on future projects.
    I think the Barge made it look too easy. These are big, big ticket items. It was also the subject matter that made it so desirable - I'm not sure anything else has that level of 'OMG I have to get this for the eight year old I once was' factor about it. It was gigantic, it was something that should have been made in 1983 but never was, it was a vehicle and therefore more aggressive looking - it's a beautiful design. It looks like it's in motion rather than looking like a lump of plastic. I'm not sure what else they'd find to make that had that level of wow factor.

Yes, the same thing could be said about the barge. That we heard of it on SW collecting sites. Which is the target audience. SW sites are not the target audience for Cookie Monster.

There are plenty of TF fansites and forums out there, but nothing truly equivalent in the Cookie Monster space, so they needed to do a MUCH better job in getting the word out than they did.

I would assume, given TF's dedicated toy buying fanbase, that the numbers of boxed collectors, speculators, etc. would probably be about the same percentage wise, as they are for SW/the barge. I don't think those numbers in either case were game changers.

The Barge didn't get funded because enough people bought multiples.

Maybe after the current state of things finish, they will realize that there are Star Wars collectors starved for product.

It’s true that Unicron got much more press than Cookie. I guess all the fans from other franchises who did know about it didn’t want it.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

In Unicron's defense, this isn't his first release. How would Fans of the Barge reacted if the Barge was already made about 10-15 years ago? How many people would have backed something they already have?
    I feel that it would have seriously lowered the number of backers to only people who never got the first time around, and the truly hard core.

Cookie Monster, IMHO, never stood a chance. Do kids still watch that show today? And how many of them would shell out $300 for a giant blue Teddy bear? So it seems the target would be late 70's or 80's kids who have grown up but were fans of the show. And have a spare $300 to blow.

It's nice that they offered such items, no harm in it. This is how they gauge interest what items to do, and not every one is going to be a winner or even a home run. Surely there's a list ready to go, and they start with the next item on it soon as these are done. But I hope they don't wait till next year to announce the next one.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    In Unicron's defense, this isn't his first release. How would Fans of the Barge reacted if the Barge was already made about 10-15 years ago? How many people would have backed something they already have?
    I feel that it would have seriously lowered the number of backers to only people who never got the first time around, and the truly hard core.

Cookie Monster, IMHO, never stood a chance. Do kids still watch that show today? And how many of them would shell out $300 for a giant blue Teddy bear? So it seems the target would be late 70's or 80's kids who have grown up but were fans of the show. And have a spare $300 to blow.

It's nice that they offered such items, no harm in it. This is how they gauge interest what items to do, and not every one is going to be a winner or even a home run. Surely there's a list ready to go, and they start with the next item on it soon as these are done. But I hope they don't wait till next year to announce the next one.
    Agreed. It's cool they tried things because hey nothing ventured, nothing gained. But absolutely, don't wait another year to announce the next round. Just say hey, these didn't fly, but how about THIS???

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrit View Post
    Isnt there a 5" scale Rancor coming according to that list Yakface put up?
    I don't visit Yakface all that often, where can you find this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Not to mention that thing looks like it has a ton of joints that are liable to snap and I'm guessing little possibility of getting replacements for.

Page 1225 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 22572511251175121512231224122512261227 ... LastLast