Page 1212 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 21271211121162120212101211121212131214 ... LastLast
Results 12,111 to 12,120 of 12181

Thread: Jabba's Sail Barge

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight07 View Post
    It is sooooooooo not the same thing. At all. How can you even say that? We are talking about the woman who literally was in the movie and portrayed the character in question who has blocked a figure of said character from being made who then turns around and uses the image of the character to which she has no legal rights to in order to financially benefit herself. I guarantee you there are people who bought that bottle solely because of the picture on there. This is not just some random person making a Chewbacca beanie doll. Do you and others honestly not see the hypocrisy in her action? Because itís clear as day. All Iím saying is I want some tonnika twins to put in my diorama. And maybe to put on my barge in an expanded universe kind of way, or maybe just as an attempt to stay on topic.
    You need to think about why you're coming down on the side of a billion dollar company over a normal woman who was just trying to get a minuscule cut of royalties that she is entitled to. Sorry you don't have yet one more SW figure that you want, but sheesh. Lucasfilm was trying to strong arm her, she decided to walk away. Good for her.

And where is it said she has "no legal rights" to a picture of her friggin' face? Because the picture is just her. Did Lucasfilm copyright or trademark her hairstyle? It's her face and because she explicitly DIDN'T sign the proper release forms, sounds like she's more than entitled to use a picture of herself on her own product.

Stop being angry at an old woman and try to have a whiff of empathy.

Has anyone out their Sail Barge in an acrylic or glass display case yet? I remember people mentioning a fish tank might work.
    R.I.P. PETER MAYHEW

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    You need to think about why you're coming down on the side of a billion dollar company over a normal woman who was just trying to get a minuscule cut of royalties that she is entitled to. Sorry you don't have yet one more SW figure that you want, but sheesh. Lucasfilm was trying to strong arm her, she decided to walk away. Good for her.And where is it said she has "no legal rights" to a picture of her friggin' face? Because the picture is just her. Did Lucasfilm copyright or trademark her hairstyle? It's her face and because she explicitly DIDN'T sign the proper release forms, sounds like she's more than entitled to use a picture of herself on her own product.Stop being angry at an old woman and try to have a whiff of empathy.
    Because there is the law. I assure you that wasn’t her hairstyle, it was carefully selected and created by lucasfilm to create a character for the movie. I’m sorry if you think it’s unfair, but she has no rights to that character. She literally did nothing other than show up, have her hair done up the way they wanted it and put her in a costume they also carefully created and selected. She was just a body. The appearance and name of those characters belong to lucasfilm plain and simple. Believe me, I’m increasingly less and less in favor of corporations, but there are intellectual property rights. If she just objected to the figure being made because she didn’t get any royalties as an extra (which is unheard of), then that’s one thing. But she then used an image of herself from the movie to profit from it. Even if it was just a picture of her onset behind the scenes, she is still using the creative works of someone else (the hairdo and outfit). What’s even worse is she used a screenshot from the actual movie. The movie itself is most certainly 100% protected by intellectual property rights. I’m hardly angry at an old woman. I’m merely pointing out what she did was highly hypocritical and pretty foolish putting herself at risk of being gone after by a multi-billion dollar corporation which they could have easily done and would have been in their right to do, but it was nice of them to presumably not go after her. I’m also really interested in intellectual property as it was my focus in law school so I know a little bit about what I’m talking about (some of the time, lol!). Bottom line, if she had just said I don’t want a figure made of me and I’d think well that’s annoying and I’m still not sure how she retained her likeness rights when Ford, Hamill and Fisher famously did not, but I wouldn’t have much to say about it. But then she went and did what she did with the bottle, and we’ll that's a different situation. And I’m prettt sure I’m not the only one who would like figures of them. Ultimately it’s not the end of the world to me, I’m just pointing out she shouldn’t have done what she did.
    Last edited by DarkKnight07; 06-12-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
    Has anyone out their Sail Barge in an acrylic or glass display case yet? I remember people mentioning a fish tank might work.
    I’m still planning on getting one made from toygrader. They said to check back in a couple months after they’ve shipped some out so they’ll have a better sense of how much shipping will be. Shipping is going to be expensive. It has to be sent out on a pallet since it’s so big and handled carefully. I saw the one they had at celebration and it was beautiful! You can get one that has an area to display the yak face and one without. The one without is $100 less. That’s the one I’m going with. I haven’t looked into aqauriums although I guess they do make seamless ones without the black frame so as not to obstruct any of the barge.

As far as using an aquarium, if it has the frame as long is it covers the white portion of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight07 View Post
    I’m still planning on getting one made from toygrader. They said to check back in a couple months after they’ve shipped some out so they’ll have a better sense of how much shipping will be. Shipping is going to be expensive. It has to be sent out on a pallet since it’s so big and handled carefully. I saw the one they had at celebration and it was beautiful! You can get one that has an area to display the yak face and one without. The one without is $100 less. That’s the one I’m going with. I haven’t looked into aqauriums although I guess they do make seamless ones without the black frame so as not to obstruct any of the barge.

I've been going back and forth on Fish tank, or just making a Plexiglas case myself. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    You need to think about why you're coming down on the side of a billion dollar company over a normal woman who was just trying to get a minuscule cut of royalties that she is entitled to. Sorry you don't have yet one more SW figure that you want, but sheesh. Lucasfilm was trying to strong arm her, she decided to walk away. Good for her.

And where is it said she has "no legal rights" to a picture of her friggin' face? Because the picture is just her. Did Lucasfilm copyright or trademark her hairstyle? It's her face and because she explicitly DIDN'T sign the proper release forms, sounds like she's more than entitled to use a picture of herself on her own product.
    While I applaud anyone who is able to stand up to pressure from any Corporation. I feel that in this case it was a two way street, she simply wanted too much because she though she was looking at a cash cow. I blame them both for not being able to come to an agreement. As I would like this particular figure(s).

But at the end of the day she has every right not to agree to anything, it's her likeness. And I also commend her for not losing her head and blindly agreeing due to the popularity of said Movie etc.
    Personally though, I likely would have been fine with being immortalized in plastic. Not to mention simply being in one of the most recognizable movies ever! Some people see Dollar signs, while others see it as an honor.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I've been going back and forth on Fish tank, or just making a Plexiglas case myself. lol

While I applaud anyone who is able to stand up to pressure from any Corporation. I feel that in this case it was a two way street, she simply wanted too much because she though she was looking at a cash cow. I blame them both for not being able to come to an agreement. As I would like this particular figure(s).

But at the end of the day she has every right not to agree to anything, it's her likeness. And I also commend her for not losing her head and blindly agreeing due to the popularity of said Movie etc.
    Personally though, I likely would have been fine with being immortalized in plastic. Not to mention simply being in one of the most recognizable movies ever! Some people see Dollar signs, while others see it as an honor.
    The corporation wanted something of value to them and was offering literally nothing in return. Why would anyone take that deal?

Regarding the Tonnika's, it's not too hard to make your own. With some paint and sculpting.

My Flickr Action Figure Photography:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144608631@N02/albums

Wow I would buy those!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reyandbb8 View Post
    Regarding the Tonnika's, it's not too hard to make your own. With some paint and sculpting.

Quote Originally Posted by reyandbb8 View Post

Nice customs.

The Cantina's got a new pair of bouncers. WWE Star Wars theme night. Han don't stand a chance against.

Page 1212 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 21271211121162120212101211121212131214 ... LastLast