Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

We're getting a new? Luke Skywalker in Bespin Fatigues in the Vintage Collection - what are your thoughts on this new figure.

We'll move this thread to the new section once it's opened.
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin - TVC ##

This one looks like a huge improvement. The VTSC was a major disappointment for me back when it came out. Looks like they've put together a really nice version. Of all of the four new figures we've seen today, this is easily my favorite. And how cool does it look with the lightsaber hanging form the belt like that?

Bespin Luke was my favorite figure as a kid. I lost the vintage one by sticking him in the door of a Pepsi machine when I was playing with him and I cried for a long time that day. lol

So count me in for two if he's on a vintage card. One to leave in the box and one to open up.

Looks good so far. The articulation looks good, the head looks much better than the other one, and the saber goes on the belt. The possibility of GI Joe style hips is a nice bonus.
    Looking to buy or trade for GI Joe Kreo Cobra army builders. Please PM if you can help me out.

I'm really digging it.

Seriously - what an improvement over the last one! Great headsculpt, better body proportions, nicer detailing on the uniform, & the belt's looking more the part now. Better hands, the V-crotch has yet to prove good or otherwise.. but failing the static ankles, all in all a home run so far!!

Just wish they'd sort out the octagonal belt buckle paint app - not hard.
    _________
    "..don't call me a mindless philosopher - you overweight glob of grease!!"

I agree, this one definitely looks like it's worth picking up.

What About The Ankles, Dudes?
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret
    What About The Ankles, Dudes?
    Well son-of-a-b! Oh well, I know how to do boot swaps.
    Looking to buy or trade for GI Joe Kreo Cobra army builders. Please PM if you can help me out.

Hopefully they include them, if not.. a better looking figure than the last one regardless - AND, I'll swap out the lower legs from the 2007 figure most likely, if need be.

I feel for DSIILUKE right about now. He got ripped off HARD last year, but it seems 2010 is MY year now!!! This is by far my fave version of Luke - took my old Kenner one to school every day, & had him in my shirt pocket most of the time!

So stoked about this!!
    _________
    "..don't call me a mindless philosopher - you overweight glob of grease!!"

Can I be the lone voice of dissent here? The figure looks great (ankles or not - I'm not as moved by articulation as some of you) - I really wish this was going to be a Hoth Luke - this is the second take on this figure in, what, four years? In the meantime, we haven't had a cut at Hoth Luke for almost seven....

I'm sure it's coming, so it's not a huge deal, just can't but help be a little disappointed.

'78
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

I also would like a hoth Luke, but Hasbro hooked me with the inclusion of ball hinged hips on this guy. While he is without ankles, you only really need knees to bring out the best in BH hips, and he thankfully has those.

Sure it's questionable as to whether you can call him "perfect" due to the lack of ankles, but to me, he's still excellent, the thin line between "junk" and "perfect". And he leans so close to perfect that I personally consider him as such
    Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection

Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast