Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ForceCast Mobile Applications

ForceCast Mobile Applications

The ultimate portable ForceCast experience is available in the palm of your hand thanks to The ForceCast's iOS and Android apps!

Here are the download links:

[*]iPhone/iPod touch (iOS 3.0 or higher) [*]Android (Version 2.1 or higher)

You can read more about the apps on The Official ForceCast Wiki.
    Learn my name well... you'll be telling your friends who did this just before you die.

Banned

Re: The Forcecast App

Gonna sticky this thread 'cuz it deserves it!

http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/...sed_130330.asp

Once exclusive content starts to hit, someone will have to let those of us with a <s>reliable</s> other cell phone provider what this content is, so that we might <s>grumble, torrent</s> find some other way of getting the audio.
    "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"
    "I like The Phantom Menace"
    TK-5990, Garrison Tyranus

Well Murray, you may not have to wait that long to have a legit way to get the stuff because otherverizon</font> carriers are fixing to get the iphone by possibly as early as this summer. As for me, I just got it on my iPod touch because I don't really like some<font color="red">att carrier's coverage maps and stuff, so I'm on Verizon, too.
    Learn my name well... you'll be telling your friends who did this just before you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Diggitus
    Well Murray, you may not have to wait that long to have a legit way to get the stuff because otherverizon</font> carriers are fixing to get the iphone by possibly as early as this summer. As for me, I just got it on my iPod touch because I don't really like some<font color="red">att carrier's coverage maps and stuff, so I'm on Verizon, too.
    That's what I did too. The iPod touch is a great purchase if you a) don't have a smartphone but want extensive PDA/media/app features or b) want an iDevice without buying a sucky AT&T contract.
    Eric Geller
    @ericgeller
    | Former ForceCast host and TheForce.Net reporter

Frankly, I'm torn on this app.

On the plus side, I'm very happy for you guys. This is a wonderful tool to expand the reach of the <s>empire</s> podcast. It also has some wonderful functionality that will help make the show better.

On the negative, it leaves me with the taste of the Hyperspace program for starwars.com. I was able to get in on the Hyperspace program when I subscribed to the Star Wars Insider. When my subscription lapsed due to monetary reasons and concerns over the quality of the magazine, my Hyperspace membership went with it. In the lead-up to Revenge of the Sith, there was a plethora of content released to Hyperspace, but hardly anything to the public-facing site. Futhermore, the promise of gradually converting the premium stuff to the public-facing site seemed to get lost in the shuffle. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was disappointed.

Here's my point: While I agree with the exclusivity business model, I don't want to see the common fan who can't afford an iPhone/iTouch -- let alone the $2.99 for the app... yes, they exist -- lost in the shuffle. I personally don't see the need for an iPhone right now in my life, and I'm not going to lay down the cash for one just because one of my favorite podcasts "has an app for that."

Please don't make the exclusives something that pushes your non-Apple Star Wars fans away because they start missing out on big things in the TFN/RS/Forcecast.net universe.

Just my two credits.

I have to agree. The fact that there is an app is awesome. I am in full support of it. But I myself don't have an iPhone (hopefully avail to many more of us this summer) or a iTouch and hearing that there would be exclusives for those that do have them did bug me. I have an iPod, and while I would love to support the FC I really can justify buying an iTouch or switching phone carriers to do it.

I am just hoping that we are not left out of the loop and that perhaps the exclusive content will be released to us maybe on a delayed schedule.

I have no problem with paying for the app, as the money does go toward the hard work that the guys do at The ForceCast. That said, when are we going to see an Android App? I mean, how can you not have it available on the Droid?

I have mixed feelings about the app as well. I've been listening to The ForceCast since near the beginning and throughout the last few years of university/summer jobs it has kept me feeling a part of the Star Wars community when I otherwise would have been forced to set Star Wars aside.

As much as I would love an iPhone I just can't afford one, and that's fine. I'm glad this app is available for those of you who do have one and that it can help Jimmy and Jason and everyone else involved to keep the show going. However, whereas the ForceCast has always made me feel of part of whatever else is going on with Star Wars around the world, this is the first time in the history of my listening to the show that I've honestly felt like the show itself is leaving me behind in regards to the exclusive content for the app.

I'm sure this feeling will pass, but I thought I'd just add my two cents in.

Hey Jason or Jimmy, just wanted to let you know the app is not working right now. I can't even load it to report the error, whenever I try to open it, a box pops up saying "app id does not match destination id" then the app shuts down. Fix it, pleeease! Make it work! Help me, Jason and Jimmy Mac... You're my only hope!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast