Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diorama-making tutorials w/pics

Re: A foamcore edge tutorial w/pics

Do you have an image of how the wires all attach to the wall wart?

Quote Originally Posted by bac
    Do you have an image of how the wires all attach to the wall wart?
    yes, all I did was solder on a second 9v connector to the wallwart in reverse (pos for neg) and just clip it onto the original 9v battery connector, this way I can use a 9v battery still if I want to.

Creative! Thanks for the pic and explanation.

Great tutorials. Dont suppose anyone want to put one up for styrofoam walls? Also can anyone tell me what are the advantages for making walls from styrofoam rather than foam core? Thanks.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain
    Great tutorials. Dont suppose anyone want to put one up for styrofoam walls? Also can anyone tell me what are the advantages for making walls from styrofoam rather than foam core? Thanks.
    styrofoam is more rigid, doesnt warp and is carvable. what kind of foam walls were you thinking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookymufu
    styrofoam is more rigid, doesnt warp and is carvable. what kind of foam walls were you thinking about?
    Ah, I see. Gonna start with Jabbas Palace or Cantina
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

ah, okay for that I would build the walls out of foamcore because you can bend that into shape and hot glue it to put it together and then cover the wall in wall Spackle and sand it down, paint it, and use washes on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookymufu
    ah, okay for that I would build the walls out of foamcore because you can bend that into shape and hot glue it to put it together and then cover the wall in wall Spackle and sand it down, paint it, and use washes on it.
    I see. Thanks for the advice.

So has anyone tried to make lighted "neon type" signs. Like the kind that might be seen on Coruscant or other city planets. I was thinking about using clear acrylic and some colored LEDs. Also what might be the best way to make the aurebesh letters...any ideas? Thanks
    When 900 years old you reach look as good you will not.
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTyvokka View Post
    So has anyone tried to make lighted "neon type" signs. Like the kind that might be seen on Coruscant or other city planets. I was thinking about using clear acrylic and some colored LEDs. Also what might be the best way to make the aurebesh letters...any ideas? Thanks
    I haven't tried this myself but having read it on a model train forum someone mentioned taking a fibre optic cable and rubbing the outside with sandpaper to allow light to come through. The cable can then be shaped and pinned however you need. You may need to use some plastic in front of it to refract it maybe place some foil behind it.

Edit: found the info. It's in this video
    Last edited by Rogue82; 06-03-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Updated info

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast