Page 1 of 161 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Moff Tarkin - VC98

Grand Moff Tarkin - VC98

Thought I'd get the ball rolling on this one,what do you think about this figure?

Thoughts on seeing a new Grand Moff Tarkin?

Re: Grand Moff Tarkin - Rumored 2010/2011

Yes, he definitely needs a remake. And hopefully he will be an all-new figure and not reuse any parts from previous Imperial Officer figures.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Long overdue! The only other guy (outside of Palpatine) that can talk back to, downright order around, Vader! He's very worthy.

YAWN.
    Don't want to get a 4th Tarkin! The only one I would consider buying is a 100%-screen-accurate one, e.g. wearing carpet slippers. And then I wouldn't.
    Big Sith Infiltrator for 2012!

Slippers Cushing? Interesting........
    DIGNITY! In all things Dignity!! Especially as a grown man collecting toys..........

Tarkin is way overdue. I don't care how many versions we've received. How many of them are actually good? For ANH I mean. The ROTS version is a decent fig, but it's not the real deal. We need a great Peter Cushing Tarkin. Great, ruthless character played by a legend.
    PSN ID: ​stormshadow138
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nightwing77780
    My Feedback

Re: Grand Moff Tarkin

THE ROTS version doesn't count, that's a PT Figure and doesn't even come close to what he was like in ANH. It would be incredible if we end up seeing a brand new SA Tarkin, I think I'd wet my pants if we see him.

I may sound crazy, but I've always loved Tarkin and find him criminally underrated. I also hate the fact that he wasn't an actual character in ROTS, but demoted to something you can hardly even call a cameo. In fact, he's one of my favorite characters. I was a strange kid, "You like that crusty old guy?" Playground SW talks were brutal! Yes...I like that crusty old guy. A lot!

Tarkin's always been one of my favorites too. A lot of it has to do with Peter Cushing. He was such a great actor. He made Tarkin a stone cold, ruthless b*****d. He was just as evil as Palpatine.
    PSN ID: ​stormshadow138
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Nightwing77780
    My Feedback

Yep... that's why Tarkin was the main villain in ANH. Vader was just the lackey, like in ROTJ... ESB was Vader's only shining moment of Big Bad-hood. And even that got upstaged by George's rewrite to the Emperor's hologram scene, making Vader seem like a puppet being fed lines by Palpatine which he later repeated to Luke. Meh.

So, yeah... all-new Tarkin. If they must reuse anything, use the Tank legs. Torso should be new, since Tarkin's got TWO code-cylinders at each shoulder, while Needa's "badge-replaceable" torso only has the one by his left, and it's attached to the badge. If he has a weapon, it should be a SMALL pistol, something more befitting an officer who'd only carry a small sidearm if he had need of one. Not a Stormtrooper Blaster. General Lando blaster, McRebel blaster, those would work. Even the sidearm blaster that comes with the Gelagrub Star Corps clone! It'd be great if he has his Big Scary Chair, too... it's not like Palpatine's throne, it could probably easily fit in a basic bubble with Tarkin next to it.

I'd buy two. One of them would become fodder for Grand Admiral Thrawn, to replace the inaccurate tunic Hasbro gave him... some limb & head swaps, white paint, bit of blue for the neck and a repainted badge, done. Might even spring for a 3rd and make a Grand Admiral Pellaeon out of it somehow

Page 1 of 161 1231151101 ... LastLast