Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Celebration V Info & Events Thread

Re: Star Wars Celebration V Info & Events Thread

You'll be spoilt for choice!

Will print them out the day before I leave the UK!

Ok, I know the schedules are likely to change so this may not be true but according to Steve Sansweet, overflow for the 'Main Event' will be in the Digital Stage so there has to be a block for the Celebration Stage and the Digital Stage at the same time. I'm thinking the 'Main Event' may be Saturday from 11:00am - 12:30pm
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I was thinking the same exact thing (I had just posted that earlier over on the JC boards).

Thank the Force the schedules are up. I did notice that the Celebration store is only open 12 hours.

Lets just hope it doesn't turn out to be another C3 experience.

I don't think they can replicate that if they tried. The store seems to be in an accessible and open enough space that it shouldn't be a problem. And if they learned any lessons with management at C-IV, then this should run smoothly, even if it's not open 24/4.
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

I hope so, you know what they say sometimes history repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovial_Jay
    I don't think they can replicate that if they tried. The store seems to be in an accessible and open enough space that it shouldn't be a problem. And if they learned any lessons with management at C-IV, then this should run smoothly, even if it's not open 24/4.
    I'll agree here - the line management was much better at CIV. I had gotten a "time ticket" to enter the store and went by a couple hours earlier and there were no lines at all. It will be nice if CV is the same or better!

Quote Originally Posted by leia214
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovial_Jay
    I'll agree here - the line management was much better at CIV. I had gotten a "time ticket" to enter the store and went by a couple hours earlier and there were no lines at all. It will be nice if CV is the same or better!
    But its a whole new company running this. There are no "lessons learned" as this is Reed's first time doing it. I'm sure LFL went over what to do and what not to do but still...I thought the 24 hour thing worked out really well and I was surprised to see it open only half the time now. We will see when we get there I guess.

[QUOTE=epsilonjedi}
    But its a whole new company running this. There are no "lessons learned" as this is Reed's first time doing it. I'm sure LFL went over what to do and what not to do but still...I thought the 24 hour thing worked out really well and I was surprised to see it open only half the time now. We will see when we get there I guess. [/quote]

I've been to the NYCC which Reed also runs. The first one was a complete disaster. But they do seem to learn from their mistakes, the last few ran much smoother.

I'm sure day one will be crazy, but hopefully it will calm down after that. The 24 hours was probably overkill at CIV, how many people were actually going to the store at 3AM?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast