Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit) - VC03

Re: Han Solo - ESB - 2010

Just so everyone can see what has been discussed...

So basically, we will be getting a new Han that will come out again in 2011 with the Bespin jacket and arms.

True, but another scene had been mentioned, not this one, so I was thinking they may have had another outfit in mind.
    "Listen to them... children of the night! What music they make!"

My Feedback Thread

Yep - that's the hybrid that everyone's been talking about. So long as it has good legs, and doesn't re-use the rediculous narrow hips of the torture Han, I'd be good with that release.

Of course, this (as has been mentioned elsewhere) could be the latest case of Hasbro being Weasely - the vintage Bespin Han (thus it's name) really corresponds to much of the film, including Hoth scenes, the Asteroid Sequence, and all the way through to Bespin...

Soooooo.....

And, I'll ask again, is there a concept from ESB that would be notable enough for a figure?

'78
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Pre-Special Edition Carbon Freezing Han with "close-up shots" vest?
    "Listen to them... children of the night! What music they make!"

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Since1978
    Yep - that's the hybrid that everyone's been talking about. So long as it has good legs, and doesn't re-use the rediculous narrow hips of the torture Han, I'd be good with that release.

Of course, this (as has been mentioned elsewhere) could be the latest case of Hasbro being Weasely - the vintage Bespin Han (thus it's name) really corresponds to much of the film, including Hoth scenes, the Asteroid Sequence, and all the way through to Bespin...

Soooooo.....

And, I'll ask again, is there a concept from ESB that would be notable enough for a figure?

'78
    I think the two Q&A Answers (pasted below) preclude the possibility of a concept figure.

"A. We don't think we will disappoint, as there will be a different EpV version of Han Solo in next Fall's figure lineup. It will not be an EpV Carbonite version. A new Bespin Han is slated for 2011."

"** Bespin Han has been pushed out to 2011, to make room for a *new* Han that we have not produced before. We can't tell you exactly which one just yet, but it is from a brief scene and features a new jacket. We were excited to be able to deliver some newness for next year with the 30th Anniversary of EpV on tap."

I had to pull out my ESB DVD and ffwd through it just to double-check, but earlier posters are right. The only possible version of EpV Han that sort-of fits the parameters of Hasbro's answer is the one already mentioned: brown pants with the corellian bloodstripe and the opened Hoth jacket. (FWIW, you can also see Han wearing it in the background while Leia is briefing the pilots for evacuation.) I consider this Hasbro being weaselly, because this is not a *new* jacket.

AND I don't think this saves Hasbro anything in tooling costs. They'll obviously have to tool the new jacket and upper half. If they don't re-tool the bottom half, we'll be stuck with the torture-Han legs. Then, when they move on to Bespin Han for 2011, they will still have to tool 100% of that figure. (Are they just trying to save on costs short term in the hopes that 2011 will be a stronger year economically when they can afford to do a 100% new, SA tool? Will many collectors want this 'new' 2010 version if it has those same silly toothpick legs?)

This 'new' Han doesn't even interact with anyone in the movie besides Chewbacca. (When Han speaks to the Deck Officer, he's in his full Hoth outfit.)

It's just a mystifying choice. "Bespin Han" is the main Han Solo in EpV. We first see him in that look within the first 5 minutes of the movie and he's wearing that jacket/shirt/pants combo constantly until the carbon freeze scene. It's the look he wears for at least 75% of his scenes in the movie. Bespin Han should have been a cornerstone, centerpiece part of the 2010 30th anniversary ESB collection. I'll withhold full judgment until we learn the rest of the makeup of the ESB wave, but this strikes me as a total bonehead move from Hasbro.

I have to be honest and say that this is really "reaching" to call a new outfit
    It has the same level of interest to me as the ATST driver Han, and mine will stay in the same place - on the peg.
    Big Sith Infiltrator for 2012!

It wouldn't be the best option, but I'd buy the hybrid Han. It's one of those gap fillers, that will help stretch the line a little further.

The open Hoth jacket seems like a cool idea but I have to ask...why? It seems so brief why bother?
    "I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    The open Hoth jacket seems like a cool idea but I have to ask...why? It seems so brief why bother?
    And would the jacket be brown or blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Blight
    I dont know - Hasbro can be a bit barmy at times - they did, after all, make 'sandstorm' figures based on a scene that I bet the majority of their customers have never seen.

The 'hyrbid' figure could be interesting, but I'd much rather have a new Bespin Han (or a rerelease of the VOTC ANH Han which I reheheheheheallly want!)

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast