Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Re: Childhood Star Wars Picture Thread

Here's my contribution. I actually had more than I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas 1978 I was 4 and my sister was 9.

Christmas 1979 I loved that trumpet. I was in a Herb Alpert phase.

Christmas 1981 My new sleeping bag, Santa Bear from the A&P, Battleship, Tyco's Electric Trucking and, of course, Dagobah.

Christmas 1983 My Grandma and me relaxing after opening presents. I really miss her. I was 9.

Christmas 1992 I was 18. My girlfriend gave me a 1989 Hess Truck and sealed Imperial Attack Base. In pre-eBay days, older Hess trucks and sealed Kenner stuff were hard to locate. Of course I opened them both - it was Christmas!!

Christmas 1993 Off to college and I received my first cell phone - a humungous bag phone connected to a car battery. Also a bunch of Star Wars goodies - anything available at the time was fair game. Got to love the sweet smell of Drakkar.

Halloween, 1977

Homemade costumes, put together by my mom. I'm the relatively tall jawa, my lil brother was the relatively short stormtrooper. The stormtrooper costume was basically made up of a plastic mixing bowl (top of helmet) and white garbage bags.

Leif
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jerseys_big_al

Christmas 1981 My new sleeping bag, Santa Bear from the A&P, Battleship, Tyco's Electric Trucking and, of course, Dagobah.

Dude, I got that EXACT same bear for christmas 1981! I still have it, hah! Small world

I guess since I started the thread it is only fair I post my pics.

My custom Vader costume for Halloween 79, and my first day of second grade with my Star Wars lunch box.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

A long time ago, in a country far, far away... (Sweden, 1986)
    Last edited by michael_mensinger; 06-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Awesome...totally awesome pictures!! Just wanted to throw out some comments.

--------

Coco - That thug Vader is pretty intimidating with the gold chain and knuckle-less hit man driving gloves.

Mike - With your Dad standing next to you with the vacuum hose it looks like he got the grown-up life-size droid factory set.

Lando45 - I love the disco Vader with the Colecovision strapped to his chest.

Leif - The googly-eyed Jawa is pretty inventive. At least you can aim with the good eye.

Pete - Did yours come from the local A&P too? That's the only place I ever saw them. I still have mine as well. It's one of the few I saved.

Fredrik - That is one hell of a take for one kid at Christmas! It's like you won a ToysRUs contest.

--------

Alex

lol I've no idea what an A&P is so I'd guess not. I was an infant at the time my grandmother got it for me for my first christmas. I don't recall it having the santa vest and hat though, do you remember if they all came like that? You don't by chance know who the manufacturer was do you?

I've already posted this one somewhere on Rebelscum.
    Anyway, this is my brother in spring 1989 in a cool custom AT-ST Driver costume.

It was during a special event about Sci-Fi in France. I was in charge of the Star Wars section (even if i was only 14 years old).
    I remember the special area with some cool vintage stuff and some dioramas. The main attraction was the projection of the three movies (look at the french poster on the wall).

<font color="red">C L U E #5

First of all, thank you to everyone that participated in our first official game. It's been a blast!

Final q u e s t i o n:

Thinking about the answers to all four previous questions in the order they were found, with all six movies in the Star Wars Saga in mind, what’s the exact first line of each character that has been mentioned over the last four days?

The first person to post these lines in the correct order will win! </font>
    I'm looking for Meccano items, 4-ups, proof cards... check my want list .

THIS THREAD IS A GREAT IDEA!!!

My brother and me playing with Star Wars figs in 1984.
    Here´s a short Super8 Movie of it:
    http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q...-Wars-Figs.flv

Denmark 1984

Easter 1983

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast