Thread: What do you want to hear on the ForceCast? Part 2

What do you want to hear on the ForceCast? Part 2

Continued from previous thread.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Part 2

I want to hear more author interviews. I know this has been said before, but I feel it bears repeating. There is a huge segment of the ForceCast audience that enjoys the EU and would enjoy hearing from their favorite writers. Let's get some Traviss, Denning, Allston, etc. In the Cantina!
    Eric Geller
    @ericgeller
    | Former ForceCast host and TheForce.Net reporter

Yes, I would like to hear Karen Traviss talk about Republic Commandos and Mandolorians more than having George Lucas in the cantina for a half hour, if you can believe it. (he'd just say everything he's already said)

She is my white whale for the Force-Cast. Although, I don't think her books have been read by the guys. Jimmy must have read the Legacy one, but I don't know if he hit the RCs yet.

And what do I want to hear on the Force-Cast? Jamie King!
    Check out my UPDATED Star Wars Art Gallery

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cramer
    And what do I want to hear on the Force-Cast? Jamie King!
    That's what Jason's webcam is for.

I wish someone could just get a suggestion to Lucasfilm regarding Celebration V. Why not make it a traveling convention? Every year there are boat shows, car shows, gun shows, wedding shows, etc that hit the convention circuit.

Why not bring Star Wars on the road?

When I heard Steve Sansweet say "coming to a galaxy near you." I thought that would be great. Bring it near me. I live in St. Louis and am willing to make the trip to Chicago or another midwestern city, but it's expensive to travel to Florida, California, or New York.

So I ask, why not have a dozen or so OFFICIAL, mini conventions. Sure, not every Star Wars celebrity will make every show, but I think the audience would be larger, bringing in a lot more families and kids. It might even bring in an audience of just your every day Star Wars fans, not just the super fans. Someone said this on the EU Forcecast: that just every day fans don't pick up the novels. But you know what? They buy the DVDs, they buy the toys for their kids, and might have a great time getting reaquainted with Star Wars.

how about a segment on Listeners? We can submit profile info, likes, dislikes, favorite SW movie and why, favorite EU book, favorite SW moment, etc. Put a limit on submitted info and spend a couple of minutes on it each week. That way we can all learn more about each other.
    This is where the fun begins!
    @DarthBLU3

Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Pa

Quote Originally Posted by darthblu3
    how about a segment on Listeners? We can submit profile info, likes, dislikes, favorite SW movie and why, favorite EU book, favorite SW moment, etc. Put a limit on submitted info and spend a couple of minutes on it each week. That way we can all learn more about each other.
    well, a lot of the show IS user submitted already
    "Perhaps you are the one that has changed."
    http://warsbook.ning.com/

Yeah, I always liked the Star Wars Tales segment though. Cool to hear those real inspirational ones.
    <font color="#0094A7">-luminous beings are we. not this crude matter..... </font>

Maybe an EU suggestion of the week. As someone who hasn't jumped very far into the EU, I'd be open to suggestions on what books I should read.

They could accept submissions by email. The submission would include the name of the book/comic/etc, the approximate position on the timeline, maybe a plot synopsis, and reasons why it's a good read.

Since it would be based on listener input, you'd have a wide range of material and interests.

What do you guys think?

Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast?

I would like to hear something to do with the two 1980's TV series Ewoks and Droids. An interview with someone involved in the production of these shows, like maybe Ben Burtt for instance, would be great!
    If you get the chance to interview someone like Steve Sansweet again, I would be interested knowing if Lucasfilm will be releasing complete series DVD's of these shows at some point.
    Thanks for making these shows guys, I enjoy them!
    Philadelphia Flyers 1974 & 1975 Stanley Cup champions...and way overdue for another one!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast