Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to hear on the ForceCast? Part 2

Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast?

I would love to hear an interview with Dirk Brosse conductor of Star Wars in concert.

Hey all, I'm new here, so I'm not sure if it's ever been mentioned. Are there any Dune fans here? I'm a huge fan of all seven books, and it all started because I learned just how much Lucas was influenced by Frank Herbert. The parallels are immense. Anyways, I'd love some discussion about Dune and Star Wars!

That could make an interesting micro-cast or roundtable type show. Go into some of the roots, parallels, inspirations and such of Star Wars. What do we the current fans think of these older stories? etc.
    "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"
    "I like The Phantom Menace"
    TK-5990, Garrison Tyranus

yeah! I mean, there's plenty of debate in the dune universe alone, but some great discussion about Dune and Star Wars, and what brings together the fans about both franchises. Also, Kevin J. Anderson has written for both series, so his perspective would be amazing. Lastly, I always found it interesting that Dune was written pre-SW, however the universe expanded as Star Wars expanded as well. Hell, the movie was an ANSWER to the SW trilogy, albeit a weird and failed answer (I still liked it).

Lots to discuss! Jason, Jimmy, anyone with me?

Dune is a masterpiece of sci-fi; I'd love to hear a roundtable on Dune-SW, but I fear not enough listeners might be familiar with the series.

Agreed. a discussion of the influences and similarities would be a great jump-off for new fans, esp. of the NT and CW generations. thats how it started for me, and im a first gen. sw fan!

I've never read any of the Dune books, but I would certainly be interested in learning more about the series' Star Wars ties.

Once again, I'd love to hear from Karen Traviss. Even more so now that she is leaving the Star Wars universe due to continuity issues. I'd love to hear her perspective on how things are progressing in the EU and the Star Wars universe as a whole. The Republic Commando books are simply great and I along with many others will miss her contributions once her current commitments are done.
    "The Force will be with you...always."
    501st Legion: TK-3630 (Stormtrooper)
    Rebel Legion; Kessel Base: GenKenobi (Obi-Wan Ep 3)
    Twitter: CraigBatts

Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Part 2

I want to hear Jason talk about Karen Traviss some more on the Forcecast!
    This is where the fun begins!
    @DarthBLU3

How much of tonight's show was about that?

Quote Originally Posted by grievousfan91
    How much of tonight's show was about that?
    A very LARGE portion.
    Eric Geller
    @ericgeller
    | Former ForceCast host and TheForce.Net reporter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast