Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread (x2)

Re: The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kydus

So I understand that lack of lettering doesn't mean it's not authentic but if it has a letter isn't this a guarantee that at least the hilt(tube part) is authentic?

No - The short answer is that authentic examples exist with and without lettering.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    Up until the guy who is drilling out custom DT sabers recently, has there ever been a repro DT with a lettered hilt?

[/QUOTE]

There are a few repro/fakes that have used lettering. There are so many other points to look at when looking at a saber, the lettering (or lack of) doesn't really even come to mind. Once you have seen the real thing, and spent some time studying them, you can spot a repro. a mile away.

The bottom line with hilt lettering is that no one has put together a comprehensive list of what,when,where or how they were used. Even with the standard sabers, I am not aware of anyone who has complied a definitive list.

Bill
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

Can anyway suggest the fair market value of a VC Jawa with a slight tear under the armpit in the cape, say 1mm, does it effect the price much?
    I plan to live forever, so far so good!

@ Adam Burges:

I just sold one on eBay that was AFA graded and authenticated. It only graded 70 because of the slight tear in the cape (which was probably a bit more than what you are describing. Anyways, it sold for $400 in about 1/2 a day after I listed. Hope that helps as a ball-park for value. I don't think the fact that it was graded by AFA (at 70) put any sort of "premium" on it, other than the piece of mind of the buyer that it was real.

have all 12 back carded jawas the gun taped inside bubble?
    wtb: us potf figures moc afa 85 or better

very nice group o' vader there

very nice, good find.

I'm interested in getting an actual DT Luke/Ben/Vader, but does anyone know where to acquire replica DT sabers? I have every vint fig plus a few variations, but I'm not hung up on having all the accessories/weapons be vintage. For me it's enough to have the fig in decent condition so it will display nicely for dioramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Ball_MD
    Does anyone know what happened to the site that does replica DT sabres

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/welcome.htm

Email & Paypal links are invalid now
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm just getting back into vintage and I've ALWAYS wanted a DT saber Luke, but I'm not ready to pay the higher prices for a clean one. The Vader and Ben would be a bonus. This would have been a PERFECT alternative.

Anyone know what happened to these guys?

From what I recollect, they sold the molds and remaining stock to someone else. They still pop up now and again.
    Word.

Say "NO!" to U Grading!

http://powerofthetoys.com/afa

Thanks a ton for the input. I'd LOVE to buy a set. Where is the best place to look?

from what ive heard revalveit sold to batsontoys, im not sure whats happened since but im looking a repro dt vader to fill a gap
    dave

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast