Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread (x2)

Re: The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread (x2)

Here is a new group photo I thought the DT fans here would enjoy:

Back Row:
    First Shot Prototype w/ Double-Double Telescoping Saber
    First Shot Prototype w/ Mushroom Tip Double Telescoping Saber

Middle Row:
    Engineering Pilot w. Test Shot DT Saber (translucent)
    Engineering Pilot w. Correct (production) color prototype DT saber "Circles" variant

Bottom Row:
    Engineering Pilot w. prototype DT saber (low yield mold)
    Unproduced First Shot (not a DT, but a cool piece )
    Engineering Pilot w/ final DT saber design

You can check out this new gallery addition and updates to my site here: www.sithtoys.com

Bill
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

congrats Bill - the mushroom tip one is a great addition to your run!! I love your DT Vaders - they are absolutely amazing and the best & coolest preproduction run of a fig I have seen*

the Unproduced First Shot does have 3PO limbs??!! -just took a look @ ur site, the 3POVader is truly a great pp fig - amazing find..

thanks for sharing
    ben

*the 9 rocket bobas are totally amazing as well - but I am a DT freak so...
    Looking 4 Farmboy Stuff

I have a VC Jawa that was sold to me as a repro but it's definately not a Ben cape, its the same shade as the Jawa, i assume there are repro Jawa capes available.

Anyone have pictures of the inner piece of a DT Ben saber? I saw one today for $75, guy claims its legit, but the inner piece did not have any kind of "fish tail" on the back end of it. It just kind of got wider at that end.

Also, will all DT Ben sabers have letters on the hilt? I forgot to check if it did or not.

Does anyone know what happened to the site that does replica DT sabres

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/welcome.htm

Email & Paypal links are invalid now

Hi,

I was wondering if this DT saber is authentic? Looks to be a bit short so maybe the tip got cut or broke off?

Thanks!

it has a "w" on the shaft and looks vintage old enough. Perhaps the tip broke off?
    When I am grown to man's estate I shall be very proud and great. And tell the other girls and boys Not to meddle with my toys. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by brianmac
    Hi,
    I was wondering if this DT saber is authentic? Looks to be a bit short so maybe the tip got cut or broke off?
    Thanks!

The outer saber looks fine, however the lettering (or lack of) is not a point of authentication. The inner saber looks a little off to me. The colors should match a little closer, and the length is an issue, possibly broken off tip and the larger end as well.

Bill
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

Because your lightsaber has 'Replica' written down the side, and mine has 'Tatooine Eagle.50'

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_McBride
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmac
    Hi,
    Thanks!

The outer saber looks fine, however the lettering (or lack of) is not a point of authentication. The inner saber looks a little off to me. The colors should match a little closer, and the length is an issue, possibly broken off tip and the larger end as well.

Bill
    So I understand that lack of lettering doesn't mean it's not authentic but if it has a letter isn't this a guarantee that at least the hilt(tube part) is authentic?

Up until the guy who is drilling out custom DT sabers recently, has there ever been a repro DT with a lettered hilt?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast