Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread (x2)

Re: The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread (x2)

Thanks for the confirmation Emiel, I was quite sure, but this will help strengthen my case

I will take a look at your suggestion
    --
    "We live as we dream -- Alone .."

Defo a fake mate, & not a very good one.
    Unfortunately Christians VC Jawa has sold (unless it was you that bought it!)
    Tim_S Tank1252 Feedback
    Member of the 62 Club
    Power Of The Force Coins Facebook Group - For Everything POTF Coin Related. Join Now!!
    Wanted Any POTF Coin Related; Pitch Coin, Art, Sculpts, HC's, SC's, Dies Etc.

How much did you pay for your Ben caped jawa?

Far too much, > 200$
    --

Re: The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shoenix
    Far too much, > 200$
    Hope you can finally track a real one down Shoenix, if so far you have been burned by ebay sellers I think it might be an idea to deal with people on here.

Might not be the deal of the century but it will be the real deal, good luck
    Happy buyers, happy sellers >> RS Feedback
    All you ever wanted to know about Trilogos >>www.trilogo.info
    Things I'm looking for >> WTB:ALL 8D8 Pre Prod!

Not trying to rub salt into anyone's wounds, but you owe it to yourself to do research, and legwork.
    Several people have contacted over the years in regards to DT sabers. My usual (and best) advice is come to an agreement with the seller to have the item authenticated prior to completing the transaction. If he/she won't stand behind the item, then it's not worth the time or risking the money.

Bill
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

You are right. But if the seller tells you it is real, you ask them specifically if they are sure and they say 'yes', they post different pictures than the actual item in their auction which look fine, what can you do ? Ofcourse it's still a risk, but PayPal claims they protect you when sellers are lying so the risk seems low.

In real life however, the protection seems not to be protection at all. You are supposed to do all the research and pay for it while PayPal claims they are 'investigating'. So that is how I got mislead.

Safe to say, I will only fall for this once and will never take this risk again.

True I had sort of the same issue with a DT saber Luke, but that went fine only because the seller did not respond to the mails from PayPal, this gave me a false impression that I was safe in this kind of transaction.

Anyhow, you are right. Save yourselves the hassle and don't buy any potential dubious items via eBay or any other auction site. PayPal does NOT protect you, so don't think you will be safe.

Lessons learned, the hard way.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi534
    Maybe the factory worker bent them as they were stuffed into the arm slot during a fast pace assembly?
    yep they got bend by the factory workers as far as I know.. for an easier handling - so they did not disapear in the outer saber..
    Looking 4 Farmboy Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Shoenix
    You are right. But if the seller tells you it is real, you ask them specifically if they are sure and they say 'yes', they post different pictures than the actual item in their auction which look fine, what can you do ? Ofcourse it's still a risk, but PayPal claims they protect you when sellers are lying so the risk seems low.

My apologies, I didn't catch that in your OP. In this case, you have every right to be upset. I am shocked that Paypal isn't being more supportive. In the past they have shown so many ways for people to file a claim, it didn't make any sense.
    I sold an item on ebay a few years ago, and the buyer was attempting a flat-out rip off. They filed a claim with PP *before* the item even arrived. (But after I had sent email confirmation the item had been sent of course.) I always use some sort of Delivery Confirmation, so I sent this info, along with scanned copies of my UPS documents.... case closed (or so I thought). After PP closed the case (in my favor) the buyer then tried to do a CC charge back, and I had to go through the whole process all over again. Only after I cited the delivery documents, and that the buyer was attempting CC fraud was the chargeback reversed. (of course my account was debited by PP for the duration)

I am sorry this has happened, and I hope for the best outcome. I would strongly recommend contacting Tom Derby at CIB for documentation at this point.

Bill
    Buying Rare and Unusual Darth Vader Items; Vintage and New
    Check out The Darth Vader Toy Museum at: www.sithtoys.com

No prob Bill, you were still right, I took a risk (a calculated one, but still a risk). But maybe when this thing is over it's better to open another topic specifically on PayPal (if there is not one already )

Cheers,
    Martijn
    --

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast