Page 3 of 760 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Re: Star Trek XI titanium or Micro Machine sized s

Quote Originally Posted by aackbar01
    Were the Reliant and Bird of Prey out?
    The Reliant is in the current wave. The Bird of Prey is not.

I went to some Wal-Marts, Targets, and TRUs over the weekend and only one Target had these ships. They were in the Hot Wheels/Matchbox area and they were a bigger than I had imagined they would be. They were marked $11.99 and I considered buying all of them but I decided to wait to see if the price is going to be cheaper at Wal-Mart. I hope this isn't one of those things that I pass on and then never see it again.

Are the HW Enterprise and Reliant the same scale, i.e. same length nacelles and diameter saucer? The JL versions are slightly different.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Morpheus
    I went to some Wal-Marts, Targets, and TRUs over the weekend and only one Target had these ships. They were in the Hot Wheels/Matchbox area and they were a bigger than I had imagined they would be. They were marked $11.99 and I considered buying all of them but I decided to wait to see if the price is going to be cheaper at Wal-Mart. I hope this isn't one of those things that I pass on and then never see it again.
    Hotwheels section!! Ah!! Of course!!
    "Your taste buds can't repel flavor of that magnitude!"
    My Portfolio Website
    My Scale Modeling Blog
    My Feeback Thread

Just from visual inspection on the outside of the package, I would say that there is not any actual scaling used on these Hot Wheels ships. The Enterprise-A and Reliant do not appear to be of same scale. But I have not bought them and opened them to compare.

EDIT: I looked more closely last night at Target and the nacelles on Reliant and Ent-A appear to be similar in size, but that is just observation through the windows of the package and trying to match them up as closely as I can. I'm still not convinced there is an overarching "scale" to the series, as whatever scale it is, the Ent-D is NOT included since it is the same size as the others and would be far larger in any scale used for the smaller ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller
    Are the HW Enterprise and Reliant the same scale, i.e. same length nacelles and diameter saucer? The JL versions are slightly different.

Just checked the local Walmart here and nadda. Though they are undergoing a complete reorganizing of the store...moving entire sections and exapanding the electronics by 50%, so they haven't restocked their toy section since February.

I just saw these at Walmart tonight for 11.97
    They are very nice and tho I didnt see the original Enterprise on the shelf.. it looks to be the new movie version and not the original tv series version. I was surprised to see that the movie version A was actually missing the A on the ship but is labeled as such on the box.
    Again, these are very nicely done from what I could see but I really like the Futura versions I have since they are smaller and their line also cover the B C and E versions. I picked up the J.L. NX-O1 version as well to round off the collection.
    Here's a pic....sorry, the E is a bit cut off...
    "The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away." And praise God, so have the last remnants of mine...

Very nice setup SpiritYoda. I'm a bit jealous ! I don't have an Star Trek ships but I'm thinking about picking up the new Hot Wheels series. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Nice! The Furutas are cool and they're the only ones who did an Enterprise C. I like your classic TV DVDs, too... Sanford, Jeffersons... great stuff.

SpiritYoda, have you checked out the Trek ships from Hallmark, Romando, F-Toys, Corgi, Ertl, and Konami? Tons more from JL, too.

They're all roughly the same scale and some are quite nice!

Nice display. I have a display that also includes the Future Ent-D, CV-6 Enterprise, and CVN-65 Enterprise. Looking for a Space Shuttle Enterprise to round out the display. Maybe a sailing ship Enterprise if i could ever find such a thing other than the one from Wizkids' pirates game. Used to have it there too, but it looked corny beside the other models.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritYoda
    I just saw these at Walmart tonight for 11.97
    They are very nice and tho I didnt see the original Enterprise on the shelf.. it looks to be the new movie version and not the original tv series version. I was surprised to see that the movie version A was actually missing the A on the ship but is labeled as such on the box.
    Again, these are very nicely done from what I could see but I really like the Futura versions I have since they are smaller and their line also cover the B C and E versions. I picked up the J.L. NX-O1 version as well to round off the collection.
    Here's a pic....sorry, the E is a bit cut off...

Page 3 of 760 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast