Page 2 of 760 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Titanium or Micro Machine sized ships

Re: Star Trek XI titanium or Micro Machine sized s

I personally enjoy the Furuta ships, very nice looking. Plus they made some of the more obscure stuff like Prometheus and Eqiunox.
    "It's mercy, compassion and forgivness that I lack." - The Bride : Kill Bill Vol 1

Quote Originally Posted by efranks
    Were the Johnny Lightning ships sold in stores? I think I saw one ship, exactly one time, in my local Walmart store and that was it. It wasn't near any other die-cast toys, there were no pegs I could find and I never saw another one.

I actually doubted for a while that I'd actually seen it till I spent some time on eBay searching and found the line. This must have been back with either wave 1 or 2.

Anyway, I'll have to be on the lookout for the Hot Wheels versions. They seem like the price is going to be kind of high on them if the EE prices are any indication.

E...
    I found series 5 in TRU and that's when I started collecting them. Never saw series 1-4.

Yeah, those HW I believe are going to be around $15 each. Hope it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRenewedValor
    I personally enjoy the Furuta ships, very nice looking. Plus they made some of the more obscure stuff like Prometheus and Eqiunox.
    I wish I had the Furuta Equinox. I started collecting these recently, and I noticed the Series 1 ships are selling for big bucks on eBay.
    LOOKING FOR:

Bosski's Feedback

I wish I had found Furuta series 1 earlier as well, because when I first found them, series 2 was readily available and somewhat cheap but S1 was way up there and now it's almost impossible to even find the entire first series as a whole set. I really wanted the Equinox and Defiant. And the series after 2 are a lot smller ships, which I thought was lame. The Excelsior (NCC-2000) is like 2 inches long. The base and stand are bigger than the ship model so I didn't get too many from the later sets, series 1 and 2 seem to have been the best ones.

I really like the F-toys 1/2500 Defiant ships. The coolest part is, you get 2 ships in one box! Saved me having to get a resin kit of the Defiant in the same scale and try to paint it myself. I got the main set of F-toys ships, without secret ship and including shipping from Japan, for $30 total which I didnt think was that bad a price.

I usually keep a Furuta Voyager and Prometheus on my desk here at work, as well as the Johnny Lightning Ent-D and NX-01.

Can't wait to see the new ships from Matchbox. Hopefully they will be as cool as we are lead to believe.

Chris

I went to a Target store here in the Midwest and found the Hot Wheels Star Trek die-cast vehicles in the car aisle. They were $12.99 each, which is cheaper than the Entertainment Earth price. I passed on them though since they only had a case of the first series (2 x Enterprise NCC-1701A, 1 x Enterprise NCC-1701D, 1 x USS Reliant). I'm excited about the second series which will have the Enterprise NCC-1701 from the 2009 movie and the Romulan Bird of Prey. I do not own a detailed replica of the Bird of Prey with folding wings yet.
    LOOKING FOR:

Bosski's Feedback

Thanks for the post, Bosski. I was just going to ask what part of the store the Hot Wheels ships were being stocked. I looked in the action figure aisle on my stops today, not thinking to look in the die cast car aisle for some stupid reason.

Also good to know the price. I may be selective if I pick up any at all. Still, looking forward to seeing them in person.

E...
    Eric Franks
    "I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"
    Trade Feedback

I found the same case assortment in Target today and picked up a couple of them. They are a bit bigger than I was expecting (about 6" long with no concern for matching scale between ships) and the price was also slightly higher than I was expecting (BBTS has singles on preorder for $13.99 and cases of 4 for $49.99, putting the Target price in the middle). Calling them die-cast is a bit of a stretch though, as the saucers and nacelles are plastic. The total amount of metal isn't really any more than what's in a 3" Titanium (probably less in many cases). The Enterprise D's saucer does detach, leaving all of the metal in the main section (which is then roughly the size of a 3" Titanium). The detail and paint apps are nice, but there seem to be plenty of blemishes too (excess paint and glue, untrimmed flash, etc.). The stands are ball-jointed and can hold the ships well at any angle in the limited range (the D's plastic saucer is out of luck when detached though). Overall, they're not bad, but I'm hoping for lower prices at Wal-Mart and a quick end to the line once all of the main ships are out.

Quote Originally Posted by efranks
    Were the Johnny Lightning ships sold in stores?
    I picked up Waves 1 & 2 at TRU when they were out. I saw these waves later at KB at reduced cost after that. Last year, I managed to pick up Wave 4 at KB at $2 a pop!
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I saw them today at Target and while the size of the ships is cool...the paint apps were a mess and the detail on the Ent-D was horrible. If I can find a D that is not all covered in excess paint and glue, then maybe I'll pick one up.

Were the Reliant and Bird of Prey out?
    "Your taste buds can't repel flavor of that magnitude!"
    My Portfolio Website
    My Scale Modeling Blog
    My Feeback Thread

Page 2 of 760 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast