Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General Feedback part 3

Re: General Feedback part 3

Is it too early for a Vote of No Confidence?
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Jovial_Jay
    Is it too early for a Vote of No Confidence?
    Hey, go back to your advance readers' copy of the next FOTJ book. I'm too jealous of that to even think up a witty response to your post.
    Eric Geller
    @ericgeller
    | Former ForceCast host and TheForce.Net reporter

Has anyone tried the free audible download? I started to sign up for the 14 day free trial, but ended with it wanted my credit card information. Jason said it wasn't like the CD scams, but I can't go by that alone incase he is mistaken himself
    Check out my UPDATED Star Wars Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cramer
    Has anyone tried the free audible download? I started to sign up for the 14 day free trial, but ended with it wanted my credit card information. Jason said it wasn't like the CD scams, but I can't go by that alone incase he is mistaken himself
    I can vouch for Audible's legitimacy. They've had my financial information for months, because I have the Gold Plan. I get one book a month and they bill the book credit to my debit card. I feel completely safe with this. I'd highly recommend them.
    Eric Geller
    @ericgeller

I'm sure it's safe, but I'm not comfortable with the wording of the '14 day free trial'

everything like that will start billing after the grace period. i've been burned too many a time

I'm sure it's safe, but I'm not comfortable with the wording of the '14 day free trial'

everything like that will start billing after the grace period. i've been burned too many a time
    Of course it starts billing right after the grace period. That's how trials work. How is that getting burned?
    Eric Geller
    @ericgeller

Sometimes with these places you try and cancel before the 14 day trial is over and they don't process the cancellation and start charging you. I've been in a few things like this and it takes forever to try and cancel. I have to say, that's why I'm still thinking about it to.

I was hoping it was like a book store. I go in buy a book if I want to and that's it. The 'trial' puts me off as well. I may change my mind. I keep wavering.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterRawas

Of course it starts billing right after the grace period. That's how trials work. How is that getting burned?
    Cuz Jason said it was one free download, unlike the CD clubs that start charging you after the grace period. So, it's not free. It's got more strings attached than my guitar.

No thanks on the sponsor this time. If I want an audio book, even though I'd rather read the book, i'll sign up and pay a little to support the show, if it makes any difference in what they see as the ad source

Quote Originally Posted by MasterRawas

Cuz Jason said it was one free download, unlike the CD clubs that start charging you after the grace period. So, it's not free. It's got more strings attached than my guitar.

No thanks on the sponsor this time. If I want an audio book, even though I'd rather read the book, i'll sign up and pay a little to support the show, if it makes any difference in what they see as the ad source
    Just so you know, you can keep the free book. If you start the trial, download the book, and cancel before the trial ends, you can still listen to the book forever.
    Eric Geller
    @ericgeller

I signed up on 3/30, when the guys had the first sponsorship. I downloaded a book after filling out all the info and putting my CC info in. I then canceled it on 4/2, following their steps. To date, they have not charged me.

I believe what Jason said to be accurate, as they allowed me to cancel after a free download "with no further strings" such as having to buy 5 more downloads, or something -- like the Book/CD clubs.

They still have my CC info, and I still have an account to login to the site, but I'm not paying for a monthly membership. That's what gives me the monthly credits. With my account I can just buy the books outright if I want.
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast