Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Guide to "futzing" link

Re: Guide to \"futzing\" link

Quote Originally Posted by theadeptjedi
    Since this is an often researched topic, for ease- will a mod consider making a "futz" sticky on the board? It seems like a relevant and wide ranging enough topic to stay up top.
    sure
    Serving the Star Wars Generation since 1996.
    http://www.rebelscum.com
    PT+TCW+RO+OT+TLJ=SW (Eff TFA. Seriously. Eff TFA)

Quote Originally Posted by Akiata
    I have a futzing question:
    Is there a safe way to remove the paint off of the SS 1/6th head sculpts?

I think I need to teach myself casting otherwise...

Anyone? Anyone??

any chance of a Vader futzing guide??
    Hemeroids do not concern me Admiral i want that.... (David Prowse)

Most of Vader futzing guides are in Sideshow Freaks forum.
    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums

But here's what I have on the helmet mod.

you need to take the helmet off the face mask, then cut the inside of the helmet.

cut the middle part (red circle) first a little bit, then try it on back to the face mask and see if it goes low enough.
    do it again as necessary.
    once cutting the middle part is not making the helmet goes lower, cut/shave the sides part marked in yellow circles.
    note that shaving the sides part will also adjust the helmet to the left/right and front/back position.
    so after each attempts, you'd better try the helmet back onto the face mask and check it it's low enough.

to flare the helmet, people say it works by putting it into boiled water for a minute. but i find it not working, so i put mine into boiling water (still on the stove) for about a minute.
    use something like a pinset to hold it as it gets pretty hot - and do not let the helmet touch the pan as it might get too hot and melt.
    then you can try to flare it out gently. once you think it's got enough flare, just put it in cold water so it sets.

WARNING: the flaring might damage the paint/color of the helmet. if this happen you will need to polish and repaint it.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxz
    Most of Vader futzing guides are in Sideshow Freaks forum.
    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums

But here's what I have on the helmet mod.

you need to take the helmet off the face mask, then cut the inside of the helmet.

cut the middle part (red circle) first a little bit, then try it on back to the face mask and see if it goes low enough.
    do it again as necessary.
    once cutting the middle part is not making the helmet goes lower, cut/shave the sides part marked in yellow circles.
    note that shaving the sides part will also adjust the helmet to the left/right and front/back position.
    so after each attempts, you'd better try the helmet back onto the face mask and check it it's low enough.

to flare the helmet, people say it works by putting it into boiled water for a minute. but i find it not working, so i put mine into boiling water (still on the stove) for about a minute.
    use something like a pinset to hold it as it gets pretty hot - and do not let the helmet touch the pan as it might get too hot and melt.
    then you can try to flare it out gently. once you think it's got enough flare, just put it in cold water so it sets.

WARNING: the flaring might damage the paint/color of the helmet. if this happen you will need to polish and repaint it.
    Thanks for the info! Is the cutting a hard job? Is there solid plastic and is it easy to cut since it is a round helmet?
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Also what did you use to cut it? Then superglue back on? Im thinking of trying this

I used a pen-type cutter for cutting/shaving.
    The middle part is actually 'cuttable' - not that hard.
    The sides you'll need to 'shave' it by bits.

You can use powerglue to glue it back on.

Thanks buddy

Is there a risk the clothes/softgoods might shrink after water treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb
    Is there a risk the clothes/softgoods might shrink after water treatment?
    That has never happened to me.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast