Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Variant Comparison Photos

Re: Titanium Variant Comparison Photos

Hey thanks aackbar01 you are right about the Republic Cruiser being in The Phantom Menace.

I have had a request to do the starfighters. I'll have to start on that tomorrow after I take a few pictures. For today here are some comparisons of the three different AT-ATs that have been released.

- AT-AT Walker 2007 (Shadow)
    - AT-AT Walker 2006 (Endor)
    - AT-AT Walker 2006 (Hoth)

Another good solid model with some moving parts. The legs are all poseable and the head does move a bit on this one. The detail on the Endor paint scheme with the battle damage and the green/brown vegetation/mud covered legs is my favorite. This is another must have for any Titanium collection.

Here are some comparisons of the ship which maybe has been repainted the most, the Eta-2 Jedi Starfighter. It has been released with different paint schemes 11 times. These include:

- Anakin's Jedi Starfighter 2005 (Coruscant, Yellow, Dark Cockpit, Five Pack Edition)
    - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter 2005 (Coruscant, Yellow, Clear Cockpit)
    - Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter 2006
    - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter 2007 (Coruscant, Red, Battle Damaged)
    - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter 2005 (Coruscant, Red, Five Pack Edition)
    - Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter 2006 (Dark Purple)
    - Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter 2008 (Light Purple)
    - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter 2006 (Utapau, Blue)
    - Jedi Starfighter Hot Rod 2008
    - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter 2005 (Mustafar, Green)
    - Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter 2008

This ship has been repainted many times for good reason. The ship is is just a great model and is very important in the films. It has a number of moving parts which include an opening cockpit, retractable landing gear, and opening wings.

Three of the ships have been repainted twice and include Obi Wan's red starfighter, Mace Windu's purple starfighter of which one is lighter than the other, and Anakin's yellow with one with a clear cockpit the other has a dark cockpit.

Obi Wan's red:

Mace Windu's purple:

Anakin's yellow:

Here is the comparison with the new release with the Hyperspace Ring which is one awesome ship!. It may be my favorite. I would love to see a ton of repaints of this one but we'll be lucky to get one more of these:

Here is another starfighter that is a fairly recent release. Only two versions up to this point which are:

- Anakin's Jedi Starfighter 2008 (Clone Wars)
    - Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter 2009 (Clone Wars)

No landing gear on this one but it does have an opening cockpit. For some reason these two really look good displayed together. The design is great and I think both paint shcemes are done nicely.

Below is a comparison of the first release with the hyperspace ring and the newer version release.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Morpheus

NICE!

Of the 11, I have 9. That's a lot of JSFs!!!

Today is another starfighter, the Jedi Starfighter with Hypersoace RIng. There have been five releases of this model. They are:

- Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2007
    - Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2008
    - Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2008
    - Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2007
    - Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2006

This is the first starfighter to be released with a hyperspace ring. It also features an opening cockpit and sold very well in its first few releases making it somewhat difficult to find. The ship itself is metal but the ring is all plastic, a large contrast the recently released Anakin's Jedi Starfighter with the 6 engine hyperspace ring that does have metal.

Here is a comparison with the newly released Jedi Starfighter.

Actually the one that was released with the IG-2000 and BARC Speeder is different. The paint scheme is like the one from the clone wars restart but it has a black cockpit instead of blue.

Pic from Sir Steve's Guide.

-Tiger

Thanks Tiger, I noticed that also. I plan on buying that one when I find it in the store, hopefully this weekend. I bought my IG-2000 and Barc Speeder (those two and the starfighter are from the same wave) from Hasbrotoyshop.com and for some strange reason that starfighter was not listed there. I'll get it as soon as I find it and update the post.

Here is another comparison of an original Galoob model the Trade Federation Battleship. These two have been released:

- Trade Federation Battleship 2007 (Hasbro)
    - Trade Federation Battleship 1998 (Galoob)

This is one of my favorite releases, it looks very nice displayed. It has a number of moving parts and it is a very solid ship, thanks to Galoob who originally designed it (that is how they made all of thiers). It has retractable landing gear and a small Republic Cruiser that docks in the Battleship. Definitely one of the heaviest Titanium. Also both paint schemes are very nice. This one is still available at Hasbrotoyshop.com

I saw the black canopy variant on the shelves a couple months back so I think it was actually a variant and not a repaint.
    "Your taste buds can't repel flavor of that magnitude!"
    My Portfolio Website
    My Scale Modeling Blog
    My Feeback Thread

I found one of the new Jedi Starfighters this weekend and took some pictures. Here are the new comparison photos:

- Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2006
    - Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2007
    - Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2008
    - Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2009 (black canopy)
    - Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2008 (blue canopy)
    - Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring 2007

Here are a few photos of the green starfighters:

To me it looks like the newer released black canopy version has a darker grey finish than the the blue canopy First Day release. The two rings are exactly the same. Over all there is not much difference though just the canopy is black instead of blue.

I also have updated the photos in the first entry of this thread to reflect the six starfighter variants.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast