Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Re: Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

I envy you having the Hardcover SFBC books. I missed a good portion of them, and they go for crazy mad money on evilBay. Maybe I'll inherit some from my rich uncle
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

Re: Comics & Books: Limelighting & Display

Wow, you've got some hardcovers there that we don't get in the UK.

Keep the photos coming.

Re: Anyone want to \"Limelight\" their SW Library?

Incredible collection you have leesweinberg!!!

I just got into the EU (books and comics) within the last two years or so, so my collection has just started to grow. Hopefully within the next few years it will look similar to yours
    "It's true, all of it…The Dark Side…The Jedi…They're real"
    My Trade & Classifieds Feedback

Here's a picture of my Star Wars bookcase

Quote Originally Posted by 12501
    Incredible collection you have leesweinberg!!!

I just got into the EU (books and comics) within the last two years or so, so my collection has just started to grow. Hopefully within the next few years it will look similar to yours
    Mine is only three years old, but I've been on a TEAR for a while -- love EBay!

•    

Great collection Weinberg! The hardcovers look great!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyP
    Great collection Weinberg! The hardcovers look great!
    Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Still missing a few hardcovers -- a few of which i could buy on ebay any day (black fleet, corellian trilogy, bounty hunter war) and a few of which are very hard to find (limited slipcase of AOTC, Heir to the Empire, Last Command).

I agree, they look fantastic. Does anyone know why they are made in a different size to the normal release hardbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders
    I agree, they look fantastic. Does anyone know why they are made in a different size to the normal release hardbacks?
    Good question -- and one I have often wondered. I assume it is because the book clubs print their own books, so the smaller size is just a way to cut costs -- along with often using thinner paper, flat dustjackets, etc

I started reading the Star Wars novels back in 2007, started with the Republic Commando novels which I found pretty exciting and was great to follow the missions of Delta and Omega Squad, wish there could be more books about them. So I'm anticipating Karan's new line for Imperial Commando, I hope they're as good as the Republic Commando novels. Loved the Republic Commando books so much, read all four books twice now lol!

I've pretty much read the whole Legacy of the Force series, just waiting for the final book to be released this month and as I had long wait, I started on The New Jedi Order novels and I'm on the fourth book now. Despite reviews and how some folk were disappointed with this series and how dark it is, I'm finding it pretty good and a nice change from the PG/Universal rated films lol!

Still, nice collections of books everyone has. Despite being on here for a while, I've never checked out the Comic/Novel section before so it's good to see so many fans of the books. I've stayed away from the hardbooks as I find them more expensive than paperbacks, plus, I collect action figures as well so I've opted for the cheaper paperbacks for that reason lol

Obviously, I'm reading different series' out of order, should have started with the books that carry on from ROTJ, but oh well, got to start somewhere lol

I might post a pic in the near future of my books, once I get the wall mountable shelves up that they will be going on for the time being seeing as I only have very few books at this time.

Happy reading everyone

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast