Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

New year, new thread time!

I did pick up a Quinlan Vos / Vaie Comic Book Two pack at the southside Cedar Rapids Walmart. No sign of the other one (DE Luke / DE Emperor). I love that new Quin figure. Can't wait to be able to open it. I want to give him a extra Jedi robe from the Order 66 sets that has the wire in the hood. I think by adding that it'll make it look really sharp.

Also... any Indiana Jones fans out there? If you are looking for the Temple of Doom wave get yourself to a Pamida. I found two sets of them at the Tama / Toledo Pamida and picked up a set for myself. The only bad thing about them is the price ($9.99 each) but they really are the best of the four waves that Hasbro has put out.

Corman
    According to darth_epidermis and Rebel_Commander I'm the Iowa board's resident braggart.
    Whatever.
    2007 SCUMMY AWARD WINNER:
    Findsman, Look What I Found, the_collector and Darth_Anton and Corman

Re: Area Reports Part 7: 2009

In Galena, IL they had Indy Figures on sale for $3.00. They had about 3 Henry Sr. and others. The deluxe figures were $7.00. I kinda wanted a motorcycle but priorities. I also passed on the GI Joe Resolute Duke and Cobra Commander. Still waiting on an Eel and Barbeque. They also had some of the GI Joe DVD packs for $15.

Star Wars was a bit limited, but they did have some of the new SW Lego sets.

I am missing most of the Temple of Doom wave. No Pamida around here that I am aware of darn it.

I picked up CW Asajj at Ankeny Target this morning to finish off the last wave of figures. Not much stuff out there especially at Wal-Mart here which I don't think has stocked anything since Christmas.
    "Always walk away from a fight. Then ambush." - Serge A. Storms

Quote Originally Posted by obi1kevnobi
    I am missing most of the Temple of Doom wave. No Pamida around here that I am aware of darn it.
    I'm also needing that wave, and I doubt that there are many stores that we here in Iowa could get. I mean, they've only been found at places like Kroger's and stuff like that, and I don't think we have any here.

Pray for Toys R Us!!
    Kerra Holt figure, please?

This brave trio fights to defend the Empire against Darth Vader's evil forces.

Kinda new figure mojo in Des Moines....

Picked up a lone Captain Rex (clean armor, clean lighter blue stripes) at the southside TRU. The first Rex I've seen at retail for a while and the first of the latest (and I hope the last) variant of this figure. And at TRU's $7.99 per figure price, I really hope I don't see a lot of new figures there first.

Corman
    According to darth_epidermis and Rebel_Commander I'm the Iowa board's resident braggart.
    Whatever.

Not a find but a question for anyone in the DM area that might know....

What is up with Jay's CD and Hobby at Merle Hay Mall? I've stopped by there the last two Wednesdays and it hasn't been opened? Its fully stocked and they were opened there before Christmas. But last to weeks nothing but a darkened store and a locked gate. And a sign that gives hours that they should be opened.

Corman
    Whatever.

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Corman
    Not a find but a question for anyone in the DM area that might know....

What is up with Jay's CD and Hobby at Merle Hay Mall? I've stopped by there the last two Wednesdays and it hasn't been opened? Its fully stocked and they were opened there before Christmas. But last to weeks nothing but a darkened store and a locked gate. And a sign that gives hours that they should be opened.

Corman
    I think I read somewhere they were just going to have that open during the holidays.

Yep - it was only open during Christmas.
    Kerra Holt figure, please?

This brave trio fights to defend the Empire against Darth Vader's evil forces.

Lieutenant Commander

Found the V-19 torrent wave of titaniums at southridge target today.

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast