Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 611 to 620 of 620

Thread: Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

  1. #611
    Lieutenant Commander
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cain View Post
    Anyone see any of the TVC TIEs discounted at Wal-Mart? Yakface posted a guy finding them for $10. I would like one, but not at the $80 price point.
    Ankeny Walmart had a few tonight in their clearance aisle for $19.

  2. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by ssinc View Post
    Ankeny Walmart had a few tonight in their clearance aisle for $19.
    Any interest in picking one up for me?
    "The force is with you young Skywalker.....but you are not a jedi, yet" Darth Vader

    CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK! http://forum.rebelscum.com/t934057/

  3. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cain View Post
    Any interest in picking one up for me?
    Hey D_C, I picked up one tonight - it's yours if you want it. It was $20.14 with tax. We're in Ankeny a couple of times a week and I'm in Urbandale at least five times a week...

    BB

  4. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyBantha View Post
    Hey D_C, I picked up one tonight - it's yours if you want it. It was $20.14 with tax. We're in Ankeny a couple of times a week and I'm in Urbandale at least five times a week...

    BB
    I am over by Iowa City. Could you ship it? I will send you payment via Paypal. Otherwise I won't be over to that side of the state until late June.
    "The force is with you young Skywalker.....but you are not a jedi, yet" Darth Vader

    CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK! http://forum.rebelscum.com/t934057/

  5. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cain View Post
    I am over by Iowa City. Could you ship it? I will send you payment via Paypal. Otherwise I won't be over to that side of the state until late June.
    I can certainly ship it to you if you'd like. I am concerned that it may be a bit pricey due to the size of the box even though it does not weigh that much. If you're not in a hurry to get it, it's welcome to hang out at my house until you're over this way.
    My husband is used to my toys, so one more won't hurt anything, lol!
    Whatever you'd prefer works for me.

  6. #616
    Hi Guys

    I was just in West Des Monies for work last week and went to one of the Jay's Cd and Hobby shops (off 22nd St.) and bought some loose vintage Tie fighter pilots with their weapons and a few Mini rigs for displaying.

    I have shopped at the three stores many times and never had an issues except twice with this location. Their so called toy expert does not know how to do the sink/float test for vintage weapons. The first repro weapon was last October and I asked them to bring a cup of water to test them.
    The imperial blaster off a stormtrooper sunk to the bottom. They took $8 dollars off back then and I walked out with a $12 semi mint stormie!

    This past trip they have construction in the parking lot and they seemed short staffed and the manager helped me. He didn't have time to get a glass of water to test the weapon, but guaranteed me they were not reproduction weapons.
    I traveled to the quad cities that night and I tested both of the weapons and to my dismay one sunk to the bottom!!!!
    I use the TIG sight to help me identify the weapon version and make sure their legit.
    So when I called this location the next day they were kind of jerks about my issue and said all sales are final.
    I explained the situation and got a different manager than the guy that helped me the day before.
    This manager agreed too exchange for equal value as long as I bring figure, weapon and receipt back (Very fair, however I could see some wanting their money back out of frustration).
    So I head out that way every 4 weeks and on my next road trip I'll exchange the figure and repro weapon (They better throw the gun away).
    I don't plan on shopping at this location again unless thy get a better "Action Figure Expert".
    The other two locations are great and I have never had an issue at them.

  7. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyBantha View Post
    I can certainly ship it to you if you'd like. I am concerned that it may be a bit pricey due to the size of the box even though it does not weigh that much. If you're not in a hurry to get it, it's welcome to hang out at my house until you're over this way.
    My husband is used to my toys, so one more won't hurt anything, lol!
    Whatever you'd prefer works for me.
    Thanks! I will let you know when I am going to be in DM and the area. I really appreciate it!

    I ordered the Stormie Han and Stormie Luke on Target.com today and picked them up in Coralville. Interestingly they were not on the pegs in the toy section, but they had them for purchase online. Whatever. Glad to have picked them up.
    "The force is with you young Skywalker.....but you are not a jedi, yet" Darth Vader

    CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK! http://forum.rebelscum.com/t934057/

  8. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cain View Post
    Thanks! I will let you know when I am going to be in DM and the area. I really appreciate it!

    I ordered the Stormie Han and Stormie Luke on Target.com today and picked them up in Coralville. Interestingly they were not on the pegs in the toy section, but they had them for purchase online. Whatever. Glad to have picked them up.
    Sounds good. As far as I know, we aren't going anywhere in June (son has driver's ed...).

    As for the VC figures, they may have had them in the men's apparel section as part of the Father's Day gifting merchandise. I saw some of them on one of the gifting fixtures the other day. Glad you were able to get the ones you wanted.

  9. #619
    Busy Bantha came through for me with the TIE today! I met her at Target, picked it up and got to put a name with a face. It was a great experience I am very appreciative. Thanks! I forgot to ask you about the retro collection and if you were able to get them at Target! I meant to ask that!

    Thanks again!
    "The force is with you young Skywalker.....but you are not a jedi, yet" Darth Vader

    CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK! http://forum.rebelscum.com/t934057/

  10. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cain View Post
    Busy Bantha came through for me with the TIE today! I met her at Target, picked it up and got to put a name with a face. It was a great experience I am very appreciative. Thanks! I forgot to ask you about the retro collection and if you were able to get them at Target! I meant to ask that!

    Thanks again!
    I was glad I could help! I agree it was nice to put a name with a face.

    As for the retro collection, I opted not to get them. With the 3.75" and 6" figures I've accumulated plus the Galactic Heroes, various plushes, and odds and ends,
    I don't dare start another line to collect, lol!

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •