Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

Re: Area Reports Part 7: 2009

Quote Originally Posted by GreenThree
    Also don't know if anyone has seen or is interested but both the Windsor Heights and Jordan Creek WM had the Saga Legends with the Eopie mail away stickers on them.
    Same at Ankeny Wally. They also had the Cad Bane wave in full affect so I finally snagged me Bane and left at least three. Still had plenty of the CW two-packs Corman reported on yesterday as well.
    "Always walk away from a fight. Then ambush." - Serge A. Storms

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Cain
    Coralville Wal-mart had the Darktrooper two-packs as of yesterday on a bottom shelf. Kind of hard to notice if you do a quick run through.
    Thanks for that tip.
    Haven't seen a single new legacy figure out here in weeks CR or IC.

Stopped at Cedar Rapids SW side Wal-Mart last Sunday afternoon & there was a car parked next to me with Polk County plates. i glanced in his car as I was getting into my car & he had a box of Star Wars figures - Ugnaughts & other new figures & DC Heroes figures in his front seat. Might explain why there hasn't been much found around here lately. I quit buying them around the Jodo Kast wave last year.

Picked up the Walmart Evolutions at the CV Walmart for 13.96 ea.

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone seen the Red 2 Target exclusive? I've been searching for it without the DPCI, and havent been able to find one. I'm thinking I may take the DPCI up to the SW side target in CR tomorrow, unless someone has another lead.

New Figure Mojo in Ankeny....

On the way back from Harlan tonight with my wife and we stopped to stretch our legs at the Ankeny Wally.

And The Phantom Menace Wave was in the house. I picked up one each of the new figures (Clegg Holdfast, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Gungan Warrior, Queen Amidala, Darth Sidious Hologram, and Rum Sleg) plus the Darth Maul (couldn't tell if he was new or not). Felt GOOD to find new Legacy figures on the pegs and not have to order them off the internet. Don't get me wrong, the Clone Wars line is good and I love the Comic Book Two Packs but the single carded figures are the driving force in the line. The last time I'd found new Legacy figures at retail was February 4th. The ESB and AotC waves were available (and I purchased them) online well before I'd seen them at retail (and I have yet to see all of the AotC wave at retail). It was a thrill to see new movie based figures on the pegs again. HASBRO: More, please!

The also have the Octuptarra Droid on the stock pallet but none on the shelves. And they also have the Wally exclusive Evolutions one isle over away for the Star Wars figures. No deals there though, they scanned in at $24.97.

Corman
    According to darth_epidermis and Rebel_Commander I'm the Iowa board's resident braggart.
    Whatever.
    2007 SCUMMY AWARD WINNER:
    Findsman, Look What I Found, the_collector and Darth_Anton and Corman

Lieutenant Commander

Ankeny Walmart had a couple sets of TPM wave on the left pegs. They also had some Octuptarra Droids on the shelf with the rest of the vehicles.

More New Figure Mojo in Ankeny and Vechile Mojo in Marshalltown....

Had to run down to Bass Pro Shop tonight to pick up a couple of things. Swung back by the Ankeny Wally and picked up the last set of The Phantom Menace wave ((Clegg Holdfast, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Gungan Warrior, Queen Amidala, Darth Sidious Hologram, and Rum Sleg) for my buddy Jeff in Sioux City. The Ankeny Wally also had the next wave of Walmart exclusive Under the Helmet (Clone Commander Cody / Clone Trooper Echo and Captain Rex / Clone Trooper Fives) two packs. So I pick up two sets of those (one for me, one for my buddy Jeff).

Got back to Marshalltown and swung into our Wally and they have the Walmart exclusive Octuptarra Droid out on pallets. They let me buy two (one for me, one for my buddy Jeff) and there are still quite a few left.

Corman
    According to darth_epidermis and Rebel_Commander I'm the Iowa board's resident braggart.
    Whatever.
    2007 SCUMMY AWARD WINNER:
    Findsman, Look What I Found, the_collector and Darth_Anton and Corman

I am going to sell everything we have been collecting for the past five years. If anyone is interested let me know, I need to make room. PM me if you are interested.
    "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!""

Ankeny Target had Wedge's X-Wing on a back endcap today. No new figures though.
    "Always walk away from a fight. Then ambush." - Serge A. Storms

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast