Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: UK CONVENTIONS

Anyone going to manchester convention in December? Full size scout walker and x - wing. Cantina bar looks insane, after party announced too. Having me some blue alcoholic space beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoke View Post
    Anyone going to manchester convention in December? Full size scout walker and x - wing. Cantina bar looks insane, after party announced too. Having me some blue alcoholic space beverages.
    I'm attending on the Friday evening, looks like it shoudl be quite good!

I went with my fiancée yesterday and we both had a great time - a near scale X-Wing was my personal highlight but Jabba's throne room and the cantina were also fantastic. Lots of opportunities for cheesy photos!

Good selection of merch on the stalls as well and at some really good prices. If anyone is in the area and can get there today or tomorrow I'd recommend it.
    Green Card Back | A Star Wars Blog For A More Civilised Age

ESB | R1 | ROTS | ROTJ | ANH | TPM | AOTC

Hey all, I have been neglecting my duties to post updates for the show here, my bad, but for those interested:

The 11th show is the first post-Episode 7. Has it changed you? Are you collecting more?

It is also the only show we have before Celebration Europe too, so if you are heading there, be sure to use the event to meet as many cool folks as possible

If you have never attended a show before, rather than it being 'just a Star Wars' event, it solely concentrates on the merchandise produced from the original trilogy era. You will not find a focused convergence of vintage toys and memorabilia for sale on a regular basis in the UK. In addition, each show features a small programme of presentations and talks, giving each attendee the benefit and insight of other collectors experience and expertise in the hobby.

The first presentation for the next show has been announced:

For as long as there have been Star Wars films, there have been Star Wars collectors. Amassing collections from action figures to bedroom curtains to food packaging and although Star Wars links them all together, an individual collector's behavior and characteristics can sometimes be indicative of the point of time they started collecting.
    From the solitary existence pre-internet to the introduction of eBay, the congregation of forums and the explosion of social media, within a short space of time each technological leap in communication has spawned a new generation of collector.
    As part of the Farthest From, The UK Star Wars Retro Toy Showpresentation schedule on 24th of April, Dave Tree will take a tongue in cheek overview of the habits of each generation, their traits and quirks, but more importantly how each can learn from one another to become better informed collectors and keep the hobby alive for the future generations ahead.

Sunday 24th of April
    Early Bird Entry 11.00am - 12.00pm
    General Entry 12.00pm - 4.00pm

Fordingbridge Town Hall
    63 High Street
    Fordingbridge
    Hampshire
    SP6 1AS

Early Bird Entry: £3.00
    Entry Fee Adults: £1.00
    Children Under 13: 50p

Hope to see as many of you there as possible

Is anyone at Celebration Europe looking to trade Topps Journey To The Force Awakens (UK) trading cards? I have many to trade and will be at Celebration on Sunday.

Anyone selling an unmasked kylo ren exclusive I'm looking for one.
    You can run but you'll only die tired. - boba fett

Coming to York in August...

Echo Base Live Collectors Event, Saturday 22nd October 2016 being held at Kingfisher Shopping Centre in Redditch. We are using the old Bank Shop and have over 30 tables selling vintage & modern Star Wars figures & toys. Starts at 9:30 and is open until 5:30. Families are more than welcome. Also providing a valuation service.
    Last edited by izzyblue; 10-18-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Has anyone been to MCM London Comic Con in excel before? Just wondered what range of Star Wars stuff they will have there. Not impressed by the guest list so far though

been a few times SW is poor there its developed into a very successful manga anime and cosplay event thou

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243