Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Autographs: Limelighting & Display

Re: Who displays your autos in your home?

This is indeed a great idea for a thread. I've changed the title of the thread and stuck it to the top of the forum.

Enjoy!
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Autographs: Limelighting & Display

This is indeed a great idea for a thread. I've changed the title of the thread and stuck it to the top of the forum.

Enjoy!
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Re: Autographs: Limelighting & Display

These are some of my last photos taken before I move to the new house in a couple of months:

COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

These all look great. I am interested in doing something like this. Whats the price range I am looking for the good mats/frames/glass for 8x10s and such. Thanks in advance for helping.
    Ackbar1138: "The Prequels are better than the OT"

Quote Originally Posted by Holla300
    These all look great. I am interested in doing something like this. Whats the price range I am looking for the good mats/frames/glass for 8x10s and such. Thanks in advance for helping.
    i pay around $45 at my local Hobby Lobby

black metal frame, single mat, and UV glass

Ok seeing some of the cool room shots, and knowing I had other crap to take pics of ....I wasted some time tonight after work... here we go:

No matter where you go...there you are!
    There can be only One!

Pete i love that 3x signed Vader pic

Cool stuff Pete. It's interesting seeing what you choose to display knowing how much stuff you actually have signed.
    Justin

Former screen name GenoRules

Pete-

Very cool! I absolutely love the McQuarrie Raiders Bible piece. May I ask where you got that lovely work?
    Do or Do not...there is no try.

A big factor in deciding what to frame boils down to simple storage. 8x10's fit nicely in a binder, the 11x14, 16x20 and posters it's not that easy. Framing them is the best way to see them regularly. Then there is the factor of if a piece would look better framed like the SW party plates, or a poster that needs to be flattened out to look right.
    ... and there is always the situation where something is just so cool or rare that you just can't hide it away like the McQ sketch or the Robert Eddison playbill.

As for the McQ Ark piece it was made available through Ralph's retail guys at the First SW Celebration and online until it sold out about a decade ago. They kind of guaranteed that no other signed editions would be made available but unsigned editions were available in limited quantity up until a year or so ago on his website. I haven't looked since.
    At that time they pretty much made it clear to me that he wouldn't sign anymore.
    Hope that helps.
    No matter where you go...there you are!
    There can be only One!

Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast