Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW CTR Feature: Flashback Friday!

NEW CTR Feature: Flashback Friday!

Starting today, there's a brand new feature here on Cool Toy Review! Check out Flashback Friday, a new series that will take a trip back in time with a look at the classic toys of yesteryear!

For the debut, the CTR spotlight falls onto the Super Powers Collection by Kenner. Check out over a dozen classic figures from what is quite possibly the finest action figure toy line ever made!

001: Kenner's SUPER POWERS COLLECTION, Part 1

Re: NEW CTR Feature: Flashback Friday!

The next installment of Flashback Fridayfeatures the DC Comics Super Heroes line by Toy Biz. Starting with the first wave of figures based on 1989's Batman movie and the the second and third waves were clearly inspired by the Super Powers line.

002: Toy Biz's DC COMICS SUPER HEROES

[/QUOTE]

The next installment of Flashback Fridayfeatures the Batman: The Dark Knight Collection line by Kenner. Another line based on the first Batman movie and a return to Kenner of the DC actio figure license.

003: Kenner's BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT COLLECTION

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
    The next installment of Flashback Fridayfeatures the Batman: The Dark Knight Collection line by Kenner. Another line based on the first Batman movie and a return to Kenner of the DC actio figure license.

003: Kenner's BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT COLLECTION

[/QUOTE]

Just found this guide today. I had no idea that you were going to have an archive for this line too! Very cool. By far my favorite line of figures and vehicles. Enjoyed every pic.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the new feature! Since I've been away, I fell behind on a few recent updates. Allow me to correct that now:

From 8/15:
    The next installment of Flashback Fridayfeatures the Legends of Batman line by Kenner. This line was based on the Batman comics, specificlaly the "Knightfall" "Knightquest" and Knightsend" crossovers.

004: Kenner's LEGENDS OF BATMAN

From 8/22:
    The next installment of Flashback Fridayfeatures the Total Justice line by Kenner. This line features many of the Justice League characters (and in fact, was turned into Hasbro's JLA line) now decked out in crazy "fractal techgear".

005: Kenner's TOTAL JUSTICE

There's more to come as I dig out my old toys from yesteryear!

The next installment of Flashback Fridayfeatures the Superman: Man of Steel line by Kenner. Based on the "Death of Superman" and "Reign of the Superman" storylines from DC Comics that kicked off in 1992.

006: Kenner's SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL

Enjoy!

Delayed from last week, because I got too busy to finish in time....hell, I barely got it done in time for THIS week!

The next installment of Flashback Fridayfeatures the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line by Playmates. Based on the animated series of the same name, I have a special fondness for this line, since I was (and still am, although to a lesser extent I guess) a BIG TMNT fan!

007: Playmates' TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

Enjoy!

It just occurred to me that this thread should be posted in THIS section, because y'know "Flashback" kind of describes "vintage" after all....

yeah, I'm slow....

The next installment of Flashback Friday features the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA line by Mattel. Based on the original TV series, any science fiction fan from the late 1970s probably scored one or two of these figures themselves. I had a few from the first series, but they've been lost to time. Never fear, though...thanks to forum member jediblood, we've got the whole line of figures for you to enjoy all day long!

008: Mattel's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curto
    The next installment of Flashback Friday features the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA line by Mattel. Based on the original TV series, any science fiction fan from the late 1970s probably scored one or two of these figures themselves. I had a few from the first series, but they've been lost to time. Never fear, though...thanks to forum member jediblood, we've got the whole line of figures for you to enjoy all day long!

008: Mattel's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Enjoy!
    Awesome pictures Curto!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast